Author Topic: Strange issue with web admin site  (Read 2946 times)

caddywhompus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Strange issue with web admin site
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:04:04 pm »
This is a brand-new installation that I'm in the process of configuring.

Everything about the web admin works perfectly except one page.  When I try to allow external access to the box, the page just sits there and tries to load until it times out.  If I refresh, the page comes right back but my settings haven't changed.  I have tried waiting for hours to see if it would eventually load, but it never does.  Anyone else come across this?  FYI the Firewall setting tab works fine, and I can open/forward ports without a problem, so I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem with the firewall.

Ideas?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Strange issue with web admin site
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:06:30 pm »
You are probably talking about remote access? That functionality is currently not available, due to the split from the original servers.

caddywhompus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »
You are probably talking about remote access? That functionality is currently not available, due to the split from the original servers.
No, not remote access.  I'm talking about "allow outside access".  I'm trying to enable the ability to connect to apache from outside network.  There is an enable/disable button on the security screen.  Default is disabled, and I'm trying to enable.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:51:53 pm »
I have been having similar issues, only mine predominantly happens whenever I go to make a new firewall rule, it will just sit there until it times out, refreshing doesn't help either.  This happens both when on a remote system accessing the web admin and when local on the core itself.  I have also seen random issues with traffic will just stop passing to port 80 outside my network, but internal will remain intact.  Flaky NIC?  I really don't know where to start troubleshooting this issue, I've verified that all my network settings are correct, and really think it's a software problem since it also happens when local on the core which is not even passing traffic through the nic, it is hitting the loopback address...

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 12:52:56 am »
this worked for me under 0710 with no problems. It is also working for me under 0810 Alpha2 - i've already used it to access my box from work.