Author Topic: Does anyone read these f****ng forums!?!?!?!  (Read 3970 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Does anyone read these f****ng forums!?!?!?!
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:56:27 am »
Posted 4 times and no replies....never gonna make it with no responses.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:03:20 pm »
I guess that means nobody has a clue what the answer is - not even Pluto tech staff??? :roll:

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:07:03 pm »
i Read these forums:)
Whats the question, i'm in a helpful mood this week as i'm off on hoilday next week.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:37:01 pm »
Hi haarvik

I also read these forums, althoug I'm sorry not beeing able to give you an answer.

Nevertheless, as I see that you joined this forum very recently, let me give you a very simple suggestion.

This project has been "open source" since 1 year or so, but is still actively developed by a paid staff that is committed to release new improved versions of their system. This paid staff are the same people that give response here in this forum, and they do it according to the time they have.
You may like it or not, but this is the way things are going.

During crucial period immediately preceeding new releases those guys are totally dedicated to testing, so they have no time to take care of the forum. They release a new version more or less every 1,5 month.

I've seen this before, and I can confirm this apply also now as I've just now dowloaded release .39.
I think that this can be acceptable, in the end this system is free and also the support you can get from this forum is free ...

So I wouldn't be so ... ehm ..."upset" when someone is not replying to your questions within half a day.

If you have a bit of patience, I'm sure that you will get your question answered, as happened to all people of this community.

If you are in reall hurry and cannot wait, well I think this is the wrong project for you and in general I'm afraid that the most of the open source projects you may look at won't satisfy you at all.

Just my 0,2 € suggestion

Regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:46:25 pm »
Yeah I've heard the "open source" support argument before.  I've worked on open source projects before, and 2 of them are dead because the dev's wouldn't answer or moderate the forums.  If you're gonna release a project, you need to have docs to tell people how to use it, even other incorporated projects.  You can't pawn off support onto other project YOU incorporated.  I've had 5 people since I found this interested in it, but now they have no desire because questions were'nt answered.

Once of the MAIN issues is explaining EXACTLY how the system works, from top to bottom.  i.e., you build the core.  An orbiter is your remote control, etc.  Hell, I can't even tell you what part is the actual STB!  Instant gratification is what users expect when they try a new project.  If you can't even get the main functionality working in 3 days, that's not a good sign.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 11:59:16 am »
sorry about not answering forums every day.
we should do that, but we have sometimes 'blackouts' where all pluto stuff is involved in some activities.
sorry again
i'm the one who should read forums every day, but i got to check them very rarely.