Author Topic: "Manage Disks" on MD's  (Read 4550 times)

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
"Manage Disks" on MD's
« on: March 11, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
My MD's don't have a "Manage Disks" menu option.  This wasn't an issue until I wanted to play a disc in my Core's DVD drive.  How do I get the option to show on my MD's?

Thanks

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: "Manage Disks" on MD's
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:03:43 pm »
This is a bug. Thom knows about it, and told me it is a query issue as to whether the Orbiter(gen?) knows whether to display a drive for the MD. If the MD has a DVD drive itself then it isn't a problem. This occurs if the MD doesn't have a DVD drive. As a workaround, I manually add a Disk_Drive device to the MD in the web admin, then you have the functionality just fine after a regen and reload. You may end up with it getting confused and displaying even more drives, but you can just ignore that and play remote DVDs anyway. Otherwise, you can use the media map to start playing the DVD on the system with the drive, the 'bounce' that stream over to the MD that doesn't have one.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:19:21 pm »
The current database query in UpdateEntArea is to only generate that scenario _IF_ a Disk Drive exists on the same media director. Instead, we should extend this query to read (If there is a Disk Drive _ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE_).

Any takers? :)

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:07 pm »
The current database query in UpdateEntArea is to only generate that scenario _IF_ a Disk Drive exists on the same media director. Instead, we should extend this query to read (If there is a Disk Drive _ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE_).

Any takers? :)

-Thom

Thom - I'll give it a go, _IF_ you remove that split infinitive in your last post :)

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:10:08 pm »
Thom - I'll give it a go, _IF_ you remove that split infinitive in your last post :)

Damn, tough crowd.  Gettin' called on a split infinitive?

Note to self: Proofread the shit out of all future posts.  LOL

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 05:33:59 pm »
I'll take it on, I'll do a trac ticket for it in a little bit. I'm very familiar with the UpdateEntArea code, and I'm quite handy with SQL

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:46 pm »

Damn, tough crowd.  Gettin' called on a split infinitive?

Note to self: Proofread the shit out of all future posts.  LOL

:)

I'll take it on, I'll do a trac ticket for it in a little bit. I'm very familiar with the UpdateEntArea code, and I'm quite handy with SQL

phew - thx Jon, thought he might call me on that! I thought it was a bash script at first, then realised it was C++ and panicked!