Author Topic: INIT:cannot execute "/user/pluto/bin/report_DCERouter _  (Read 3763 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
INIT:cannot execute "/user/pluto/bin/report_DCERouter _
« on: December 27, 2005, 04:55:23 am »
INIT:cannot execute "/user/pluto/bin/report_DCERouter _status.sh"

INIT:id "1" respawning too fast :disabled for 5 minutes

This is the eror I get when trying to load the kickstart cd onto my Compaq Evo system (P4, 256mb ram, 6.4gb hd)

It goes through the complete installation but when it reboots and starts for the first time...it loads a bunch of modules then get the error above endlessly

Any suggestions please?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 03:32:09 pm »
You've got an error during the installation and the initialization cannot be performed correctly.

See this post for suggestions

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:58:11 am »
Quote from: "caerwent"
You've got an error during the installation and the initialization cannot be performed correctly.

See this post for suggestions

Is there any way of finding out what went wrong? As far as the installation was concerned it went well?

What would you suggest I do at this point?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:22:23 pm »
If the installation was amazingly fast (instead of 25 minutes or so with lots of text scrolling on screen), then you probably got an error while copying files from the CD to the disc. To test for this, type "aptitude install pluto-dcerouter" at a prompt (Alt+F2, login as root). If it gives you a list of "Package pluto-dcerouter depends on packages xxx but it can't be installed" entries, then this is your case. Unfortunately there's no way to test if the disc is ok (actually, you can try do copy the entire disc to a temporary location under Windows - or your OS of choice - and see if you get any reading errors).

Also, try not to write discs at max speed. The burning time, from my experience, at 24x and 40x is very similar, so the extra "speed" is not worth it. I write all my discs at 24x and they don't cause problems to anyone, while the two discs I wrote at 40x do. For "safe writes" I use 16x. So the speeds I recommend as "tested" are 16x and 24x, but not more (less is ok).

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
checking the disc
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:56:20 pm »
Allthough I'm a newbie I do think that you actually can check the disc by interrupting the install process by clicking "Go Back" and in the menu there will be a "Check the disc" (<-- Correct me if I'm wrong about the title) option.