Author Topic: Can you see cameras on Security scenarios on Cisco 7970 Orbiter ?  (Read 4791 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm quite fresh owner of 7970. It worked plug'n'play out of the box and that's excellent (thanks for great work)...

I'm curious what are limitations of Cisco 7970 (xml based) Orbiter ? I've spotted so far:

1. it only is a pull Orbiter (so you have to press to refresh) - I guess pretty normal for xml browser

2. Cameras in security menus - can you see snapshots ?

3. I remember some time ago someone talked about some limitation on creating buttons on main Orbiter screen. Does anyone know something about it?

4. if buttons go off the screen (too many) then you just can't see and navigate to them....

5. I cannot read media titles when selecting audio or videos...

I'd be glad to hear how you use Cisco Orbiter ? What tricks do you use to make them more useful ?.....

Also haven't yet tried Directory extension, but looking forward to that - thanks to contributor...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Can you see cameras on Security scenarios on Cisco 7970 Orbiter ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:22:33 am »
Bulek,

Just on point 1 that you raised. Are you sure that it is pull only.

I don't have a Cisco but have been going through the ProxyOrbiter code because I intend to use it for something else and there is code in there which pushes out refreshes to the phone. It does this via a seperate connection where the phone is acting as the server. I don't think that it depends upon it and therefore could work without it but it would certainly improve the experience.

Perhaps other people with a Cisco would like to comment.

Regards
Darren

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:01 am »
Bulek,

Just on point 1 that you raised. Are you sure that it is pull only.

I don't have a Cisco but have been going through the ProxyOrbiter code because I intend to use it for something else and there is code in there which pushes out refreshes to the phone. It does this via a seperate connection where the phone is acting as the server. I don't think that it depends upon it and therefore could work without it but it would certainly improve the experience.

Perhaps other people with a Cisco would like to comment.

Regards
Darren
Hi,

thanks for response. I'm not sure if it is indeed pull only (I just concluded this - cause for instance when you get some alert notice on Orbiter, it doesn't go away before you touch screen and it reloads page)...

I'd be happy to hear from more experienced....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:26:50 am »
Hi,

I've gained some new info-that this should work - although I still don't see the cameras. Niteman mentioned lowering resolution of floorplan, but I'm not sure what he meant...

Anyone knows the trick to see cameras on 7970 ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 01:41:13 am »
the cameras only work with push.

Tschak fixed that already. There is a knob in SMF with the letters S - E - A - R - C - H on it :-)
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:21:43 pm »

Tschak fixed that already. There is a knob in SMF with the letters S - E - A - R - C - H on it :-)
Thanks for the tip, but I have already applied that update (binary Proxy_Orbiter)... But still no go... Is there somekind of recomended SCCP FW version that is known to work. I've bought my 7970 over Ebay, have no clue if it has current FW...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:39:06 pm »

Thanks for the tip, but I have already applied that update (binary Proxy_Orbiter)... But still no go... Is there somekind of recomended SCCP FW version that is known to work. I've bought my 7970 over Ebay, have no clue if it has current FW...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

it works fine for me with the push fix, axis 207w and d-link DCS-5300G. As the orbiter in general works for you, I'd strongly assume this is not a firmware issue. The pictures are prerendered on the core...

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 09:47:33 pm »

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

it works fine for me with the push fix, axis 207w and d-link DCS-5300G. As the orbiter in general works for you, I'd strongly assume this is not a firmware issue. The pictures are prerendered on the core...

best regards,
Hari
Thanks for response. It seems it started to work... I see cameras... But have a bit of problems with XML push working - now it's requesting almost all the time, so one can select buttons for Back or Home only few moments while Orbiter is not "requesting". Is this normal cause of 7970 limitations or I have another problem to dig into ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 06:13:24 am »
Yes, that is a limitation. There is a LOT of code in Proxy Orbiter to prevent constant refreshing, but even so, sometimes, the refresh gate is very tight, especially on pages that require realtime output.

-THom