Author Topic: Installation Files Stores, Twin NICs and MythBackend  (Read 1676 times)

richard.e.morton

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Installation Files Stores, Twin NICs and MythBackend
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:06:22 am »
Hi There,

I have been struggling to get LinuxMCE installed, I have just reinstalled again and this time installed Kubuntu 32bit 7.10 with the network cable unplugged; Kubuntu moaned that it couldn't install security updates towards the end of the installation routine but... LinuxMCE installed fine (well as far as I can tell at the moment as I am still a LinuxMCE virgin)...

I was surprised that LinuxMCE doesnt' ask for a location to use as it's file store; especially recordings... I know it'll use all the space around teh home, but I have a RAID5 array in the machine with 2TB and that would be the logical place to dump all the recordings, music and the like... I guess the idea is that you mount your drive store in the location indicated, but each program seems to have its own store location.

Anyway, since I got it all to work, I am now going to reinstall as I have two problems and not sure if it is down to my installation procedure...
 - Single network card when installed; second NIC drivers installed afterwards (for Internal) but it's not behaving properly; I have altered the Mysql config IK_Devices (I think) but no luck it doesn't behave.
 - MythBackend doesn't start when the machine starts, in fact it's just unreliable so I need to do some more work on this.

Rich