Author Topic: how can I install this?  (Read 2921 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
how can I install this?
« on: January 27, 2006, 02:01:42 am »
Sorry I am new to Linux but found this code that could allow Plutohome to work with my Insteon Network. I want to get iplcd to work on my Plutohome system.

http://www.linuxha.com/athome/common/iplcd/index.html

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
how can I install this?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:09:01 pm »
There are a lot of requests for Insteon but right now it's not supported by pluto.
I think it may be possible to rewrite that Perl code you found in Ruby to be used with GSD (Generic_Serial_Device), but right now we are don't have any available programmers.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
GSD
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 05:33:05 pm »
I was trying to create a GSD to connect my Alarm/automation panel to Pluto, but could not find documentation on GSD on your site.

My alarm panel (Elk M1) supports Insteon (plus several other interfaces), so adding support to it means opening Pluto to a pletora of established automation hardware system (relays, lightning, digital I/O, analog sensors, alarm sensors, thermostats, etc.). And the price of this panel is very good (much cheaper than HAI or JDS and also includes the alarm portion - which the other automation panel dont).

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
how can I install this?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:32 pm »
Try to search our forum for "GSD" or "Generic_Serial_Device". There are at least 5 threads with some examples.
The lack of documentation is obvios, but we don't have time to write any  :( right now

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
GSD
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:41:36 pm »
Thank you.