Author Topic: HD Mount question  (Read 2328 times)

kakemanx

• View Profile
HD Mount question
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:27:20 am »
Hi.
First of, I'm new to LMCE (and also almost new to Linux) I have searched a lot of pages here, but all i find is "DO NOT MOUNT MANUALLY)
The thing is.. my LMCE is up and running.. Media found on both disks (3 disks installed, one 20gb for LMCE, one 80 GB for media, and an additional 500 gb usb HD for media..) as far as I can see it finds all media on the drives in orbiter...
I addition to LMCE i use the PC for torrenflux, and i am not able to "open the drives"..
I can see the drives under KDE, but when i try to open to see filestructure it does not show anything..
I would like to have the drives mounted so that i can add/delete torrent downloads to them (at least the usb drive) and also manually copy/delete things to the drives via the network/aditional USB drives..

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

-TorEspen

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: HD Mount question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:28:42 pm »
Just use the symlinks under /home/public/data/audio/, /home/public/data/videos/, etc.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

bonfire89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:16:20 am »
I can't get drives to mount either :(

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:49:06 am »
if you want help bonfire, you'll have to do far better than that with the description of your problem/symptoms! First up, you don't get LMCE to mount the drives - it finds them and mounts them for you automatically. If it isn't finding them, that is one set of symptoms, if it isn't mounting them (or more generally the media simply isn't visible) that is another set of symptoms.

Start by describing which, and then detail what you see or don't see, and what you have tried so far.

"doesn't work" will get you ignored, people don't want to have to drag things out of you before they can start helping. You might also want to indicate what searching for solutions you have done on the wiki and these forums as well.