Author Topic: A new model does not appear in the list  (Read 4664 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
A new model does not appear in the list
« on: January 20, 2006, 04:56:47 pm »
Hi there,

I tried to define my A/V devices and I added a new model for Thomson TV as it was explained on the Device Templates page. But after I typed and pressed button 'Add' the new model didn't apprear in the list.

Any ideas why it doesn't work?

I use latest Plutohome installation.

Thanks in advanced.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:02:42 am »
i just added a dummy device template on my installation and it works, please  try again.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 03:04:11 pm »
Quote from: "dan.g"
i just added a dummy device template on my installation and it works, please  try again.

Ok, I'll try. But is there some log where can I see errors during new template is added?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 03:38:14 pm »
You can check if there is the new record in database pluto_main, table DeviceTemplate, with a command like
Code: [Select]
SELECT * FROM DeviceTemplate ORDER BY psc_mod DESC
Since psc_mod is a timestamp field, this will show you the last record added or changed from DeviceTemplate table.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 10:58:53 am »
Quote from: "vali.g"
You can check if there is the new record in database pluto_main, table DeviceTemplate, with a command like
Code: [Select]
SELECT * FROM DeviceTemplate ORDER BY psc_mod DESC
Since psc_mod is a timestamp field, this will show you the last record added or changed from DeviceTemplate table.

Ok, I tried to explore the table DeviceTemplate. I found that all records have empty field 'psc_mod'. Maybe this is a problem? And what can I do to repaire the database?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 09:04:03 am »
It's normal that all records to have 'psc_mod' field empty. This is only changed only for newly added device templates or for those who are changed. It looks like you didn't add the device template at all.

Please try again, following this steps:
- go to A/V equipment;
- choose add device;
- select the manufacturer and the device category (both are displayed on top of the page, just under "manufacturer" and "device category" titles;
- click "add", the button on top of the page;
This should open a wizard who will allow you to add and setup your device template.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 01:20:49 pm »
Sorry, it was my mistake. I tried to press wrong button. Everything works fine! Thanks.