Author Topic: Ok - So I am the new guy in town that needs help....  (Read 2912 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Ok - So I am the new guy in town that needs help....
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:34:01 pm »
Hi all;
Prior to any pre-concieved notions flying about, I am not really the new guy, as I have been playing around with Pluto since the very first release.  I now have the added interest of owning my own integration business, adn now am getting serious about Pluto;  I have been around HA for 20 years or so.

Ok, now for the questions that I know I will regret in a week when all the answers are very obvious.

1.  How do you implement a WinTV PVR-150 in Debian?  I am sure that the reason I can not get any video working is due to drivers, but I do not know where to go to get them.  I have searched, but with no luck.

2.  Same issue with my server sound card (TOS Link) that connects to my Onkyo - No sound, and probally a driver issue with Debian

3.  Is there a way to get the blasted interface out of 640x480 to somthing less than very old school?  Can you have different resolutions for the monitor and the TV when on the same media server?

My fresh install went well with the exception of the items above.

Thanks,

Dave Bruner
Skytop Technology, LLC.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Ok - So I am the new guy in town that needs help....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 11:08:12 pm »
OK ;
So is anyone out there that can assist with a PVR 150 driver on the Debian side of things?

(I love answering my own posts)ome.com/support/index.php?section=document&docID=2

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Ok - So I am the new guy in town that needs help....
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:28:30 am »
Quote from: "dbruner10"
1.  How do you implement a WinTV PVR-150 in Debian? I am sure that the reason I can not get any video working is due to drivers, but I do not know where to go to get them.  I have searched, but with no luck.

The WinTV PVR-150, as far as I remember, is using the ivtv drivers. Go to your Core's Pluto Admin website, go to Wizard -> Devices -> Media Directors, and select "IVTV Capture Card" under the "PVR Capture Card" option. This will install the ivtv kernel modules.

2.  Same issue with my server sound card (TOS Link) that connects to my Onkyo - No sound, and probally a driver issue with Debian

This may require some manual tweaking if you don't have a suitable option in the same section I mentioned above, a little to the right. By manual tweaking I mean "alsamixer" (to unmute IEC958 / S/PDIF output and possibly choose between Coax and TOS Link) and changing the Speaker Arrangement setting in /etc/pluto/xine.conf from Stereo 2.0 to Pass Through.

3.  Is there a way to get the blasted interface out of 640x480 to somthing less than very old school?  Can you have different resolutions for the monitor and the TV when on the same media server?

From the same page, a little more to the right of the previous options, you have a "Set resolution & refresh" button that you can try.