Author Topic: Scroll bars in web-admin  (Read 4632 times)

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Scroll bars in web-admin
« on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:38 pm »
Hi gang--

I encountered a problem when trying to move a media file via web-admin.  When I select the 'Move file' button on the file's page (through Media Files Sync), It opens a new window to allow you to select a new destination.  Unfortunately, this window does not have scroll bars, and I can't see the items off the bottom of the page.  Is there a way to allow scrolling in this page?

The .php file is: charon-merge/web/pluto-admin/languages/en/moveFile.lang.php

Thanks,
-PeteK
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:50:38 pm by PeteK »

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll bars in web-admin
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:44:51 am »
I just took a peak. if you look at line 129 in charon-merge/web/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/editMediaFile.php you will see this window opened with
Code: [Select]
<input type="button" class="button" name="moveFile" value="Move file to other directory" onClick="windowOpen(\'index.php?section=moveFile&fileID='.$fileID.'&filePath='.urlencode(stripslashes($rowFile['Path']).'/'.$rowFile['Filename']).'\',\'width=500,height=400,toolbars=true,scrollbars=true,resizable=1\');">
so it appears to be opened with both scrollbars, and being resizable (though I'm not sure if the resizable=1 should be resizable=true. You may want to look at whether changing the "true" to 1, or vice-versa.

I couldn't reproduce because I don't have many storage devices...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:35:27 pm »
I just took a peak. if you look at line 129 in charon-merge/web/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/editMediaFile.php you will see this window opened with
<input type="button" class="button" name="moveFile" value="Move file to other directory" onClick="windowOpen(\'index.php?section=moveFile&fileID='.$fileID.'&filePath='.urlencode(stripslashes($rowFile['Path']).'/'.$rowFile['Filename']).'\',\'width=500,height=400,toolbars=true,scrollbars=true,resizable=1\');">
so it appears to be opened with both scrollbars, and being resizable (though I'm not sure if the resizable=1 should be resizable=true. You may want to look at whether changing the "true" to 1, or vice-versa.

I couldn't reproduce because I don't have many storage devices...

I think you might be on to something there jondecker76, according to this page: http://www.w3schools.com/htmldom/met_win_open.asp the values for those should be set to "on", "off", "0" or "1" and no mention of "true".  So it could just be just another minor bug to fix.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:40:49 pm »
Thanks guys!  I can verify when I get home, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

-PeteK

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:29:14 am »
Setting
scrollbars=1 worked.

The other change that needs to be made is to replace
toolbars=true with:
toolbar=1 (note that the correct parameter is 'toolbar,' not 'toolbars'

This was tested with firefox in linux.

I don't have CVS commit permissions, so if one of you could commit the changes, I'd definitely appreciate it.  Or I can bug DanielK for permissions.

Thanks a lot for the help, guys.

-PeteK

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:47:17 am »
Committed in revision 21416 on linuxmce.org