Author Topic: MythTV Transcoding with NUVExport  (Read 3581 times)

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
MythTV Transcoding with NUVExport
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »
I've been looking for a post regarding Exporting recorded videos from mythTV without success.  So, here I am asking for help.  It seems that Nuvexport is not packaged into LinuxMCE and due to the nature of the installation Nuvexport does not work after an installation from source.  It appears as if a series of *.pm files are missing which are required for Nuvexport to work.  Being new to LinuxMCE maybe there is some other method available within the system that I am not aware of.  Does anyone know of a way to export recorded videos to another format (Xvid, Divx, MP4, etc..) from within LinuxMCE or how to get Nuvexport to work on LinuxMCE without breaking everything?

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV Transcoding with NUVExport
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
<Bump>  Thought I'd bump this once in the hopes that someone will post a suggestion.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 01:31:02 pm »
WoW, I guess nobody does this kinda thing.  Well, I focus some time to get nuvexport working and see how that goes.  I'm torn as to even updating my findings or making a wiki entry since not even a single person seemed interested.

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:56:31 pm »
*.pm are perl modules that usually can be loaded using cpan (sudo cpan).  I don't watch TV so can't help you with the mythTV stuff...

HTH,
Roy

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:16 am »
I think having this functionality would be very handy - I just don't have my TV cards working right now so this is the least of my problems...

Good luck though - if I can help I will.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:11:17 pm »
Cool, Thanks for the responses.  I've been caught up with other things, but when I get things settled I'll work out the issues, post a response and it possible create a wiki entry detailing the steps.  Hopefully I can get the *.pm through CPAN.  Otherwise, I will see if I can cobble them togeither via the web, or through a a simple standard mythtv installation.