Author Topic: Possible to ignore a RAID partition; not pull media into database?  (Read 2542 times)

jmcrtp

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I am running a hybrid system and I have some data on a raid array that I don't want pulled into the database no matter what user.  I have tried the Ignore and disabled options, and even deleting it in MCE control panel.  It always comes back and adds a symlink in /home/public/data/other to the /media/xxxxx automount point that linux assigns automatically.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  I don't want this media in the database, I'm only trying to use the system for DVDs now and I don't want excess entries clogging the database when I don't intend to utilize any of this media through the MCE orbiter.  I want to use the computer sometimes (as I am now) and not have to get everything pulled into the database.  Please advise!

Thanks!

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to ignore a RAID partition; not pull media into database?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:20:35 am »
Howdy,

This is a guess as I haven't tried your scenario.  But if you set PK_Users to "Pluto's Structure", then put the media you want LMCE to index under public/data, I would be surprised if LMCE would then index other media on the share.

HTH,
Roy

jmcrtp

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:17 pm »
Thanks Roy, I think that worked.  I also unchecked the media button for "living room" where this box is, so one or the other (or both) seem to have fixed the problem.

One question - I updated the home/other folder and it gave me messages for all the files that they are missing from the disk now since the symlink was deleted by the system.  Does this remove them from the database?  I have not added a single dvd or file to the database (other than this raid automatically getting added).  I'd like to start with a fresh database, but now it is probably "contaminated" from having loaded several thousand media files..

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:25:43 am »
You could give it a day and see if UpdateMedia cleans everything up.  If you are in more of a hurry or just want to see a lot of output, then you can try resynchronizing your top level folder under pluto-admin, Media Files Sync.

0710RC2 is looking pretty resilient so I'd do a reinstall only as a last resort (I haven't had to do a reinstall on 0710RC2 except when I've messed up my database after incorrectly hacking it :) ).   

HTH,
Roy