Author Topic: CM15A and LinuxMCE  (Read 51622 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CM15A and LinuxMCE
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:11 pm »
I have XP installed on a seperate computer.  I still need to install Active Home yet.  I can try the sniffer software I downloaded to try to trap some data if you think that could help. 

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 08:28:28 pm »
thom,

I have built a clean kbuntu desktop, performed update and dist-upgrade, then started following steps in the wiki http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Building_LinuxMCE_0810

The build-replacements script failed on numerous occasions due to missing dependancies, final errors occur with the asterisk build - I stopped at that point as I don't need to build these packages at the moment.

The build-makerelease is failing with lots of errors very early on, again I am assuming a missing a package so currently looking into it.

I am currently using svn revision 22439

I am just stepping through the process again so will probably jump on IRC later if I can not resolve the issue in the next 2 hours

Cheers

NOS

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 08:33:03 pm »
mythtified,

Thanks but hopefully there is no need to use the sniffer as I understand the protocol reasonably well, there are still holes in the CM15A documentation, but nothing that should effect integration.

NOS.

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:20:06 pm »
OK then I will continue my circular holding pattern till called upon again.   ;D  Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
Hopefully I will have the build environment functional before you run out of fuel  ;D

NOS

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 10:07:44 pm »
Hopefully I will have the build environment functional before you run out of fuel  ;D

NOS

I have working dev env. Feel free to send me the sources and I build the package.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »
nite_man

Build environment looks ok now, currently running build_maindebs.sh.  Not sure what was wrong perviously but obviously an issue with dependancies or the environment.

Do you have a CM15 ?

NOS.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »
mythtified,

I have a small file for you to try, does not do much yet but will confirm if I can identify, setup correct protocol and then read and write to the device.

I have sent you a PM with my msn details so I can get the file to you and explain what to do

NOS.

nite_man

• View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 05:07:24 pm »
nite_man

Build environment looks ok now, currently running build_maindebs.sh.  Not sure what was wrong perviously but obviously an issue with dependancies or the environment.

Do you have a CM15 ?

NOS.

I have old one CM11 :) Just like to help somehow. I'll ask people on Russian LinuxMCE community.
Michael Stepanov,

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 05:18:40 pm »

I have old one CM11 :) Just like to help somehow. I'll ask people on Russian LinuxMCE community.
[/quote]

Obviously the CM11 works fine, I will write a seperate dce device for the CM15 with the aim to merge them later so will need to retest the CM11 at that point.

If I can get 3 or 4 testers for the CM15 integration that would certainly help

NOS

nite_man

• View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2009, 08:40:29 pm »
Will try to find them :)
Michael Stepanov,

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:24 pm »
Just a quick update guys on the CM15 progress

I have been working with mythtified and so far have written test code which can send and recieve commands via the powerline.  Will hopefully have the RF aspect worked out in the next 48hrs.

I would expect to have functionally integrated the CM15 with LMCE by the end of the week so could really do with some people to act as beta testers prior to submitting the code.

Any volunteers ?

Thanks

NOS

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 04:02:03 pm »
Just a quick update guys on the CM15 progress

I have been working with mythtified and so far have written test code which can send and recieve commands via the powerline.  Will hopefully have the RF aspect worked out in the next 48hrs.

I would expect to have functionally integrated the CM15 with LinuxMCE by the end of the week so could really do with some people to act as beta testers prior to submitting the code.

Any volunteers ?

Thanks

NOS

You know the answer for me on that.  But that goes without saying right? ;)

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:01 pm »
Hi all

A slightly quicker update than expected but RF decoding turned out to be easiest bit as it uses the same data encoding as the CM17.

So in summary the target of having a fully integrated CM15 solution for those able to carry out some testing has taken a step further.  :)

NOS.

VandyBudgetGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 09:50:13 pm »
Hi all

A slightly quicker update than expected but RF decoding turned out to be easiest bit as it uses the same data encoding as the CM17.

So in summary the target of having a fully integrated CM15 solution for those able to carry out some testing has taken a step further.  :)

NOS.

I'll be glad to help, but I'm a linux idiot...