Author Topic: has anyone in the UK got a WORKING EPG in MythTV in LinuxMCE?  (Read 2520 times)

gazzzman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
simple question really...
I have never yet got a successful EPG and channel map!
anyone any ideas?
2 problems really...
never seem able to get back into the terminal after running mythconfig and telling it to use rt xml grabber! (that means I can't tell it what channels I have... and it locks up waiting for my response!
 using EIT I only get now and next on satellite :(

I also have no idea how to remove unused channels from the list and map the used channels against the information I should get from the xml grabber!

that means the channel order and the epg would not be in sync!!

finally is there any way to give channels a friendly channel number??
really going to channel 6307 for BBC1 and 5876 for BBC2 is a bit much :) (those are only examples of the type of channel numbers... they are so bizzar I can't remember the ACTUAL numbers lol)

thanks for any help.. pointers etc!!
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.1
GCC@GE@GIT@GO dpu S-: a+ C+++ L++ E-- W+++ N+ o+++ w-- O M+ PS+++ PE-- Y++
PGP+ t++ 5 X++ R- tv b+ DI++ D---- G e++* h*++ r+++ Y++++
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: has anyone in the UK got a WORKING EPG in MythTV in LinuxMCE?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:55:31 am »
In the latest version I am using two DVB cards and told it to get guide data from the trasmitted EPG rather than from an external source. Does this work in the UK? (I am in Australia)

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: has anyone in the UK got a WORKING EPG in MythTV in LinuxMCE?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:29 am »
Gazzzman,

I'm not in the UK and not on DB, but as far as channel editing concerns I know of at least 2 methods:
1. Through Myth setup and going to the editor
2. For me the easiest though is browse to your http://dcerouter/mythweb
- There you have several options under which settings next MythTV channel info;
there you get kind of a channel matrix where you can edit etc, it needs some playing around but once you get the hang of it, it's really straitforward. Main advantage for me is that you have an oversight of all the channels and can easily copy and paste from the wrong to the right position.

(I had the problem that the xml grabber entered the program info but the channum and freqid were empty... and having the card autodetect the channels gave me plenty of freqid, but no channum and no program listing)

Hope this helps a bit!

Cheers!