Author Topic: Full screen computing application?  (Read 2441 times)

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
Full screen computing application?
« on: May 28, 2008, 06:32:59 am »
Hello,

is there any way to launch computing applications in full screen, without the little Linux MCE bar at the bottom that takes about 10% of the screen? The reason I'm asking is because I am using a remote desktop application, and the desktop doesn't fit in the screen because of the bar at the bottom.

Could anyone point me to possible scripts or locations in the database that are used to launch these applications, and where perhaps I could change these settings or at the very least make the bar one third of its size? Or maybe it is even possible to do it in the computing applications config section by using specific parameters?

Just to clarify, I do not need help to add my own applications, I was able to do that just fine reading the wiki. The help I'm asking for is to be able to launch these in full screen without the LinuxMce bar at the bottom.

Thank you!

Jean

geoffrey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Full screen computing application?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:57:36 am »
sure, if you use the Advanced tab and choose KDE desktop, it will open a full screen Kubuntu desktop from which you can run all the kubuntu applications.  The LMCE window remains but that can be minimized or you can simply switch to and work from another workspace. 
Asus M2NSLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz
Asus EN6200TC512 Graphic Card
WinTV PVR-150 MCE
(2) Samsung T166 SATA II 500GB
Corsair TwinX 2GB CL5 DDR2-800

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Full screen computing application?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
Thank you! Yes I tried this and it works fine, but it is not "wife friendly" :-). I really want to be able to launch the application from the Computing Applications list in the Orbiter screen. If you have an idea which files are involved in launching my application and setting up its display/workspace, maybe I could tweak it somehow?