Author Topic: 4250 HDC Cable box and pvr-150  (Read 2666 times)

andramalech

• View Profile
4250 HDC Cable box and pvr-150
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:26:48 pm »
I've tried to set up my hybrid to control my cablebox i have the composite and audio going into the pvr 150 but when i start it up i only get audio. I've tried for over two days to understand pipes but i cant work it out. Tv works fine for live tv through antenna.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:19:41 am by andramalech »

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: 4250 HDC Cable box and pvr-150
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
 :)
On a side note, when you set up the pvr card in LMCE setup wizard, which port did you tell it the cable box as connected to?

This can be viewed by looking at providers in mythtv-setup. If you have it hooked to the composite or yellow port for video, the provider portion must be set to composite or composite:1 I had a similar experince while setting up an MD that it was using the coax jack in the provider section, a quick change to composite, resolved the issue. But to make it stick, you will have to run setup wizard again, and select the composite port, vs. the antenna port.

Just an idea as to where to look.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

andramalech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:15 am »
I have it set up for the composite port and I changed it in myth but now I can't control the wtb by remote .  Is there any reason the pvr150 doesn't show up in the av wizard so that I can set up the pipes

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:55:47 pm »
The pvr150 won't show up in the connections wizard, just the core, the tv (or other viewing device) and the cable box. Once the video and audio pipes are drawn for the cable box to the core, you should be set. The channel change script is :
Code: [Select]
/usr/pluto/bin/TuneToChannel.shand takes the form of :
TuneToChannel.sh <device to be controlled> <Media Room>For an example if your cable box is device #51 and the viewing area is the first room in your rooms list (mine is the living room) is #1 then the format would be:
/usr/pluto/bin/TuneToChannel.sh 51 1This is what you would put in mythtv-setup under channel change script.

Hope that helps, I will verify this tonight and post back if there are any changes.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth