Author Topic: 710 RC - Changelog questions  (Read 5151 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
710 RC - Changelog questions
« on: April 23, 2008, 05:15:18 pm »
 :o

I see that the RC will be made available for download in a few days. I have some questions regarding the changelog

1. MythTV updated to the latest fixes (is this .20 or do we now have .21?)

2. VDR Integrated into LMCE (Does this mean it is automatically installed, or will there still be choices?)

3. Fixed internal drive detection for MDs (does this eliminate the constant messages regarding it finding an in use drive?)

4. Upload pic for rooms is converted to png to be displayed both on page and on orbiter. (so now any image is automatically resized?)

Also I did not see mention of 2 other enhancements important to me
  a. ddamron's PLM code with PNP detection included in this release
  b. jondecker's CM11A code included in this release

These may seem like stupid questions, but rather than bark them out in the IRC room, I figured this would be a good place to ask.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 710 RC - Changelog questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:47 pm »
If I may add ....

will Hari JavaMO be included?

regards
Marco

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:16 pm »
:o

I see that the RC will be made available for download in a few days. I have some questions regarding the changelog

2. VDR Integrated into LMCE (Does this mean it is automatically installed, or will there still be choices?)

3. Fixed internal drive detection for MDs (does this eliminate the constant messages regarding it finding an in use drive?)

4. Upload pic for rooms is converted to png to be displayed both on page and on orbiter. (so now any image is automatically resized?)

These may seem like stupid questions, but rather than bark them out in the IRC room, I figured this would be a good place to ask.

Regards,

Seth

Hmmm... why not install it and then give some feedback ;-)

Andrew

Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

gazzzman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:21:44 pm »
Now now Andrew :)
I understand your enthusiasm!
but it would be nice to have some of these answers given that some people only have a 5GB monthly download limit!!
and I am only 26% downloaded after 5 hours (with a "up to" 28Mb connection) lol!
don't worry... I will let you know how quickly I manage to break it, soon lol!
seriously though!
thanks to all the dev's and others who have been working their socks off (as usual)
Gazzzman
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.1
GCC@GE@GIT@GO dpu S-: a+ C+++ L++ E-- W+++ N+ o+++ w-- O M+ PS+++ PE-- Y++
PGP+ t++ 5 X++ R- tv b+ DI++ D---- G e++* h*++ r+++ Y++++
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 10:30:32 pm »
 :-\
Well I will download and install it, but I had just hoped to know ahead of time what I need to do to get production back up. I run the 4/15 build on both my test and production systems, and it works great. But to know in advance in the least about the insteon cm11a stuff would have been nice. And I have satellite internet, and I have to abide by download restrictions, not unlike gazzzman, so I will probably just wait until more info is available.

Regards,

Seth

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:36:42 am »
Downloading now Andrew! But in the meantime, I would really like to know if Bulek/Hari's Marantz SR series amp template and pnp scripts made it in??

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 05:25:49 pm »
Latest MythTV 0.20-fixes. One of the first things I looked at when getting involved with this project was the stability of MythTV under LinuxMCE. So I patched bugs in both MythTV and LMCE to make them play well together. I was still modifying the LMCE scripts for MythTV a few days ago to get it running a bit better. MythTV 0.21 is a great new release with lots of features, but it would have taken a few additional months to stabilize it fully under LMCE and we wanted to make that part of the 804 effort and not the 710 one..

During the install process it will ask if you want MythTV or VDR, and the one you select will be installed.

It should.

Don't know, haven't tried this myself yet... I've mostly been testing for regressions :)

I believe jondecker's latest is included. But I think ddamron was a bit busy with a new job in the last few weeks to squeeze his stuff in. ddamron's stuff can be installed by an end user; well, except maybe the PNP. The plan is to combine PeteK's and ddamron's effort into a single module that can handle both types of Insteon controller devices.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:20:29 pm »
Downloading now Andrew! But in the meantime, I would really like to know if Bulek/Hari's Marantz SR series amp template and pnp scripts made it in??
not fully, the template is in (1918) but misses command groups and inputs. The ruby code is there. The pnp script is in mantis as feature request. Dunno about the pnp script, but the template will get updated via sqlCVS soon.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »
 ;D

Thanks for all the replies. I can not wait to try it out.

Regards,

Seth

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:46:31 pm »
not fully, the template is in (1918) but misses command groups and inputs. The ruby code is there. The pnp script is in mantis as feature request. Dunno about the pnp script, but the template will get updated via sqlCVS soon.

best regards,
Hari

Does it at least do power on/off, volume up/down? That would be enough for me to eliminate a remote control :)