Author Topic: Wake up with Text To Speech?  (Read 4419 times)

Olav

• View Profile
Wake up with Text To Speech?
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:31:35 pm »
Hi!

I am trying to make a timed event that will say "Wake up" etc.. at a specific time. But how do i get it to speech?
I am making a new time event, and setting it to 07:30 every day, and i add a Text To Speech device, with     
#103 List PK Device (string) as 22, since that is my Xine Player device, and i am writing in what it is going to say. But it still doesn't work. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Wake up with Text To Speech?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:02:34 pm »
And that's about as far as I got when I briefly tried it.  It has been asked before but nobody seems to know...
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:09:58 pm »
Hi!

I am trying to make a timed event that will say "Wake up" etc.. at a specific time. But how do i get it to speech?
I am making a new time event, and setting it to 07:30 every day, and i add a Text To Speech device, with     
#103 List PK Device (string) as 22, since that is my Xine Player device, and i am writing in what it is going to say. But it still doesn't work. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

i'll take a look and see what I can see...
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 11:31:06 pm »
Hi,

it works for me under 704. I've defined lighting scenario (with advanced wizard).

Details here :
http://www.screencast.com/users/tinia/folders/Jing/media/c8b3bef2-27d8-4cb7-bec6-cb38db20210c

The funny thing is that it doesn't work if I click on Test button on web admin, but does work if I click scenario button on Orbiter. I can hear "This is a test" sentence.... Numbers are device ID's of my Xine and Squeezebox players...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:39 pm »
Hi,

it works for me under 704. I've defined lighting scenario (with advanced wizard).

Details here :
http://www.screencast.com/users/tinia/folders/Jing/media/c8b3bef2-27d8-4cb7-bec6-cb38db20210c

The funny thing is that it doesn't work if I click on Test button on web admin, but does work if I click scenario button on Orbiter. I can hear "This is a test" sentence.... Numbers are device ID's of my Xine and Squeezebox players...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.

a lot of things dont work if you click test. And in the advanced events, it deletes the command you are trying to test!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:25 pm »
these were my settings. I just tested it on bot the living room and bedroom MD

hth

note the number I used were the device numbers for the media directors. I believe BuleK used the device numbers for the xine player and an attached squeezebox.

double check the command your sending, maybe even go to the 'device tree' and use the 'send command to device' function to iron out the proper way send commands to a specific device.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:03:24 am »
a lot of things dont work if you click test. And in the advanced events, it deletes the command you are trying to test!
i can confirm that
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 03:10:05 am »
I know this is an old thread, but...
I finally have been playing with the text to speech. I have found that it works fine from the admin with the test button if I put single quotes (apostrophes) around the text.

Also, for the device number, using the device number for the On Screen orbiter works for me.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 09:34:19 pm »
jondecker, that works if you only need it to go to that device. If you are using this programmatically, you should use one of the _DL variants of sending the message, to send to a list of orbiters in a given entertainment area, etc.

-Thom