Author Topic: vdr- sky uk & ir/serial control  (Read 3398 times)

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
vdr- sky uk & ir/serial control
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:52:56 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get sky to play thro' LMCE, with limited success.
 DVB-T is fine thro vdr on nova-t 500,(thanks Totallymaxed)  and sky is playing via  Orbiter (Media)-(mce-usb2) on the 150 s-vid input ,but I'm having to change channells via sky remote, SO

1,- can this setup be integrated into vdr ? ...I've seen reference to a sky plugin but google /search has not been my friend ;(
          2,-windows mce remote....both pronto codesets in (Wizard-devices -av eqpt - av properties) have zero effect on either of the  sky boxes i have available : how can I import different code sets / get the blaster to learn the codes ? - nothing currently happens when the " learn code " dialogue box is used
               ......would this ....  http://www.dusky-control.com   be a better approach, given that ultimately I want to run 2 sky boxes (and will inevitably run into problems with ir control as both sky boxes will respond to output of blasters ) ?
Any pointers /directions /handholding would be greatly appreciated,
Many thanks in advance , Ian

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: vdr- sky uk & ir/serial control
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:12:50 pm »
You have got further than me!
I can't get any av input on my pvr to display yet.

Anyway, the sky plugin info is here --> http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Sky-plugin

You need to download the vdr package, untar it and look in the PLUGINS folder. The sky plugin is in there. Just run 'make' (have to have g++ installed) and move the resulting driver to /etc/vdr/plugins

Thats how far I got. Dunno what can be done next to get the pvr card to stream to vdr in LMCE. Seems like the plugin was made for the kfir card
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:28:25 pm »
Hi gazlang ,

thanks for the link,......another steep learning curve coming methinks !  The only thing iI seem to have done differently to you is to have  shut the core/hybrid down completely for 10 mins before rebooting , changes then seemed to stick  (Don't know why , but this is second time that's worked  for me) .

Sorry I can't offer any more help, but i'm a complete duffer noob  !

keep on plugging away ..the little advances  are the satisfying ones :)

Many thanks,
Ian

bdex

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:32:26 am »
How did you get VDR setup with your PVR 150 any guides as I'm having no joy just constant no signal.

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 01:25:42 pm »
Hi bdex,
as yet I've had no success within vdr, although I'm sure there is a way.The plugin (s) i managed to download don't seem to want to play with 0710 beta 4 (for me at any rate) but this is probably due to my command line ignorance rather then  their fault.
   At the moment I'm playing sky from the 'sky live' button created after setting up the stb in web admin and using sky's own remote for channell changing etc.....it's not ideal but at least I get to see Stargate  ,)            ..and hoping the new release will have lmce/vdr /analogue (i.e Sky) built in , which i understand to be the case.
I did dabble with myth, but it was one learning curve  (read cliff )  too many for an old fart like me !

So , not much help I'm afraid...please  post if you make any progress,
 regards ,
Ian