Author Topic: Possible to send multiple IR codes in response to single orbiter command?  (Read 2974 times)

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Howdy,

My system is:

N800 orbiter -> core/hybrid -> AV Receiver -> TV

I just got the USB-UIRT to be able to control both the AV Receiver and the TV.  Cool!

Now I have two minor issues.

The first, when adjusting the volume on my AV receiver (yamaha RX-V861), each volume up/down is 0.5 dB.  This is fine on it's remote as you can hold the volume button down and it will repeat about 5 times a second.  But on the N800, each click of the volume button is an entirely new event which takes about a second.  So changing volume is very tedious.  What I would like to do is have it send multiple volume commands for a single click, say send four up commands to increase the volume 2dB per click.  Is this possible?

The second issue is with power on/off.  The AV receiver has discrete on/off while the TV is a Hitachi so only has a power toggle.  The commands work fine for both devices.  The issue is that when turning the display off from the Power menu, the AV receiver is powered off but not the TV.  Ideally I would prefer it the other way, i.e., display on/off means turn TV on/off.  Is this possible?

TIA,
Roy

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
The second issue was resolved after doing a router reload.

Maybe I'm just too simple, but picking up my N800, selecting a video to play, then have to AV system power up automatically just tickles me.  THANK YOU LMCE!   ;D

Have fun,
Roy

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
The second issue was resolved after doing a router reload.

Maybe I'm just too simple, but picking up my N800, selecting a video to play, then have to AV system power up automatically just tickles me.  THANK YOU LMCE!   ;D

Have fun,
Roy

Yup, it's the little things that keep us going  ;D

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to send multiple IR codes in response to single orbiter command?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:26:34 pm »
The first, when adjusting the volume on my AV receiver (yamaha RX-V861), each volume up/down is 0.5 dB.  This is fine on it's remote as you can hold the volume button down and it will repeat about 5 times a second.  But on the N800, each click of the volume button is an entirely new event which takes about a second.  So changing volume is very tedious.  What I would like to do is have it send multiple volume commands for a single click, say send four up commands to increase the volume 2dB per click.  Is this possible?

I found this thread when trying to address the same problem.  I handled it by writing a 'Volume Repeater' device, which I would be happy to share.  I doubt that will be necessary though, because I found the following thread (after the fact) with a patch providing better support:  http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5510.0

I didn't try this patch since my device solution was already working, but just posting here in case someone else manages to find this thread and not the other when searching on this issue.