Author Topic: Problem with xine-playback  (Read 4052 times)

nivenj

• View Profile
Problem with xine-playback
« on: March 20, 2008, 11:28:11 pm »
Ok this has me baffled.

I have installed 0710 via the DVD distribution. The problem I have is that when I play a DVD or play a media file from within the orbiter I get audio but no video, just a black screen. If I switch to KDE desktop with the video still playing, then right-click on the pluto-xine-playback on the taskbar and select To current Desktop I can see the video fine so i know xine is playing the video, I just cant see it from within the Orbiter. Its as though its playing on the wrong Desktop.

Any ideas?

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with xine-playback
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:31:27 am »
Hmm... Looks like Orbiter doesn't position the Xine window well (generall Orbiter does all the positioning - and keeps the right window on the right layer, etc. etc.). What version of 0710 you use? beta4 or some earlier one? And how many desktops do you have?

thorsten

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:42:50 am »
Hello,

Seems I am having the same problem. My installation is the 7.10 release, and I chose the alpha blending GUI. Before, with RC3, I chose the old GUI and video was displayed correctly!

Don´t know if it is interesting: After installation I changed screen resolution to PAL 720x576, and modified xorg.conf manually for making the S-Video output work with my NVidia card.

Orbiter GUI works, MythTV works, Live TV and playback from MythTV works, too, but when playing video from the orbiter, the screen is just blank - but the onscreen orbiter´s overlay controls are displayed, for example when I pause playback from my laptop using the Windows orbiter.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards
Thorsten

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:21 pm »
I am having the exact same problem running 1004 anyone have any solutions to this? Orbiter and Myth works fine, but when running movies (xine) i get sound only.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:16:09 am »
Holy 710 batman!

Can you tell me what your equipment is, what settings you chose in avwizard, whether or not you saw sarah in setup wizard, and what changes you may have made in /webadmin/media directors?
I never quit... I just ping out.