Author Topic: Remote control  (Read 2946 times)

alexperi

• View Profile
Remote control
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:21:57 am »
Hi all,
I have 2 questions on remote controls that come with the TV cards. For example the remote that comes with the WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE-Kit
1) Can this remote, control all functions within Linux MCE or only things that relate to the TV card functions?
2) Is there any attachment that you can buy to make the MCE boot and shut down using the remote? I noticed that some cases come with attachments that goes between the PSu and the motherboard to allow such a function.
Cheers for your help.

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
Re: Remote control
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:56 pm »
I have 2 questions on remote controls that come with the TV cards. For example the remote that comes with the WinTV-HVR-1300 MCE-Kit
1) Can this remote, control all functions within Linux MCE or only things that relate to the TV card functions?
Not really sure about it. I know that any remote which uses LIRC can control LinuxMCE.
2) Is there any attachment that you can buy to make the MCE boot and shut down using the remote? I noticed that some cases come with attachments that goes between the PSu and the motherboard to allow such a function.
Cheers for your help.
I have Silverstone LC10M with iMON PAD. It can switch ON the box and off without any problems.

Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

alexperi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:38:02 pm »
Hi,
I had a look at the LC10M box and it does indeed come with an attachment that sits between the PSU and the mainboard.

Looking at the iMON PAD which claims to be able to switch the PC on, if it only comes with a remote and a USB connected Display then i can't see how it can switch on the device (unless it can invoke a WOL command which then needs a specific BIOS i would guess).

Can anyone help further please?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:40:54 am »
Hi,
I had a look at the LC10M box and it does indeed come with an attachment that sits between the PSU and the mainboard.

Looking at the iMON PAD which claims to be able to switch the PC on, if it only comes with a remote and a USB connected Display then i can't see how it can switch on the device (unless it can invoke a WOL command which then needs a specific BIOS i would guess).

Can anyone help further please?
Have lc11M, but didn't look under the hood yet or tried to wake up PC with remote. But do remember that power switch from mobo is connected to iMon device and then to chassis switch. Maybe this is the trick....

There is exact connection diagram in user guide for case...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

alexperi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:16:40 pm »
All is clear now and makes sense.
This is what i was looking for.