Author Topic: Dvd and meadia transport  (Read 2180 times)

unruelysock

• View Profile
Dvd and meadia transport
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:00:27 am »
hello,

i like others have found the youtube video and thought i would try it out.  all is  good.   i have a few questions about dvds and other media.  i put a dvd in and it plays fine but i have not control over it.  i can not stop it start it or even get back to the orbitor. the same things happens to me with  music files or other video files on the hdd.  the only options i have are to wate it out or reboot. 

all so i am new to lenix MCE on kubuntu, but i have been messing around with ubuntu for quite some time.  in ubuntu i can not wright to a ntfs hdd is that the same in kubuntu?  it seams to have mounted both my windows drive and my media drive just fine.  they are both ntfs, and it took a long time.   

****oh and a trick i found some time ago that might help other people out.  with ubuntu i did not want grub to install it self on my windows drive.  so i un plugged my main drive (the windows drive)  in stalled lenix on a hot swap drive. set the boot order so that my hot swap drive came first then my main drive.  so my computer will boot to my lenix in stall only if that drive is in the computer.  and when i remove it  windows boots.  the grub thing bugs my wife. if you have ever tried to remove grug from a windows drive....  you can do the same thing with two inturnal drives and just change the boot order to the drive you want to boot.  i now have all three systems on drives ***

geoffrey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dvd and meadia transport
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:08 am »
if you are using a mouse/keyboard combination to control the LMCE machine then you can use the function keys:  F7 brings up the main menu, F6 the position bar for a movie, F5 for volume and lights. (although I may have the F6 and F5 backwards, but give them a shot.)  Then use your mouse as normal.

Asus M2NSLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz
Asus EN6200TC512 Graphic Card
WinTV PVR-150 MCE
(2) Samsung T166 SATA II 500GB
Corsair TwinX 2GB CL5 DDR2-800

DJYoshaBYD

• View Profile
Re: Dvd and meadia transport
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 02:58:35 pm »
^^^^ yeah.. I had the same problem.... f5 f6 f7... they work just like the 3 buttons on the remote in the video... except instead of your controller waving around, you use the mouse...