Author Topic: Pluto on my FC3 server, or move my server to Pluto?  (Read 2415 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto on my FC3 server, or move my server to Pluto?
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:13:55 am »
Hi,

I got a home server based on FC3, running MythTV backend, misterhouse, file and media storage (NFS and samba), cvs and svn, and some more small things. I'd like to try moving up to Pluto, but I'm not sure what would be best - try to build Pluto on FC3, or replace it with Pluto and later add any tools that Pluto doesn't cover?

Also, I'm worried about the home automation part of Pluto. I got misterhouse handling a CM11A, a W800RF, lamp and power modules, IR motion sensors, magnetic door switches, and a whole colony of RF remotes (palmpads, keychains, wallpads), and it's all tied together with Perl scripts. If I replace misterhouse with Pluto, would it be able to handle the same setup?

TIA, Itai

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Pluto on my FC3 server, or move my server to Pluto?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:54:08 am »
Quote from: "itai"
Hi,

Also, I'm worried about the home automation part of Pluto. I got misterhouse handling a CM11A, a W800RF, lamp and power modules, IR motion sensors, magnetic door switches, and a whole colony of RF remotes (palmpads, keychains, wallpads), and it's all tied together with Perl scripts. If I replace misterhouse with Pluto, would it be able to handle the same setup?

TIA, Itai

Hi,

you don't have to replace MH - I've posted some start up code to connect MH as parent device for all his devices - so they can be used as normal Pluto devices...

Just search forums with "Misterhouse" keyword...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Pluto on my FC3 server, or move my server to Pluto?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:18:04 am »
Quote from: "tinia"

you don't have to replace MH - I've posted some start up code to connect MH as parent device for all his devices - so they can be used as normal Pluto devices...

Just search forums with "Misterhouse" keyword...

Thanks, Rob... this looks promising, I'll try it as soon as my Pluto box is set up.

I've seen mention of support for the W800 - is this progressing?