Author Topic: What does **RUN_GET_IR** mean? (RS-232 control does not work)  (Read 2668 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
What does **RUN_GET_IR** mean? (RS-232 control does not work)
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:33:25 am »
Hello,

I am trying to control various AV equipment via RS-232. Using TestSerialPort works just fine with the following command:
Code: [Select]
/usr/pluto/bin/TestSerialPort -p /dev/ttyS0 -P N81 -t "SB\r" -s "SB" -i 3 -b 9600 && echo Success

Returns "Success" and turns the receiver off. How ever, creating a new AV device and filling in the code for OFF
<$"SB\r"$>does not work, i get no result on the receiver and the receiver stays on when I press TEST on the codes screen.

Browsing thru the web administration I found the status of this device to be **RUN_GET_IR**. Does this have anything to do with my problem?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated in the quest to fix this problem.

Thanks

rgds
Oliver

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: What does **RUN_GET_IR** mean? (RS-232 control does not work)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 11:33:06 am »
I have looked into the logfiles and have then the following snippet:
LaunchManager.log:05    02/22/08 10:49:09.577           Starting device 73 Pioneer Kuro <0xb68568d0>
LaunchManager.log:05    02/22/08 10:49:09.577           Not starting device 73 Pioneer Kuro - binary is not found, probably it is in the middle of installation <0xb68568d0>

What is going on here? What binary is it looking for? Is it possible, that the MD is trying to download something of the internet, that it can't do right now, as no internet is available? The MD has been regenerated, and not been connected to the net!?

rgds
Oliver

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
[solved] Re: What does **RUN_GET_IR** mean? (RS-232 control does not work)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:05:15 pm »
Okay, fixed.

The problem was, my media director did not have access to the internet during the initial MD generation. Therefore a couple of packages where not installed. Thanks to hari for the hint regarding pluto-generic-serial.

For the future, make sure, you lmce installation has a connection to the internet. Otherwise bad things might happen.

rgds
Oliver