Author Topic: Device Template for SAT_3100 (LIRC Remote)  (Read 4103 times)

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Device Template for SAT_3100 (LIRC Remote)
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:20:25 pm »
This device template already existed in my 0710b3 DVD install.  I have made some modifications to it that I consider substantial improvements.  I'm not sure if my local changes sync back or not.  Here is the lirc.conf file I changed to. It is not my original work, but I got it from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/dishnet/Dish_Network.  This lircd.conf file supports ALL 16 remote addresses on the 3.1IR remote that comes with MANY DishNetwork, Echostar and ExpressVu satellite receivers.

Or at least, here it would be if it didn't exceed the character limit and if the website would let me upload a file (get the error that it can't access the upload path).

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Device Template for SAT_3100 (LIRC Remote)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:30:56 pm »
I don't think your local changes synced back - as far as I know, for everything except InfraredCodes it requires sqlCVS checkin. Can you please upload your file somewhere e.g. at http://rapidshare.com/  - if possible, post here the link to it and md5sum.

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:59:43 pm »

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:00:40 pm »
actually, for that matter, you could just grab it directly off the link i provided to the lirc sourceforge page in my first post.

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:30 pm »
Also of possible interest, this is the channel changing script that I found for working with lirc

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=DISH_1  # Define my remote name here
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do # Accept input from MythTV
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit # Send the output to Lirc
sleep 0.4 # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay up a bit # Wait for next digit
done # got last digit from MythTV
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME select # Add a select to speed up channel changing.
sleep 0.4
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME cancel # Get the Dish OSD off the screen, it annoys me and I don't want it on my recordings.