Author Topic: MD will not boot - rpc failed: 2  (Read 2575 times)

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
MD will not boot - rpc failed: 2
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:24 am »
I've had this system running pretty smooth it appeared until I decided to reboot the MD.  Now it will not boot up and load.  rpc failed over and over.

Looking in the log, I see that there is:

dhcpack
dhcprequest
dhcpoffer

over and over, but it will not boot.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] - Re: MD will not boot - rpc failed: 2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:20:15 am »
I did not figure out until I had deleted my MD and created a new one.  Something on the screen failed that indicated the MD could not get to my router 192.168 0 1.  I immediately switched the cables around on my core and BINGO, the MD reconfigured and is running much more fast than before.

STRANGE - it has been running great for the past three days and I have not changed anything other than setting up a PVR 150 and a USB Remote.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: MD will not boot - rpc failed: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:24:09 pm »
I also have this problem and deleted the MD image to set it up again but the problem keeps occuring. I've been running this MD for a long time now without any problems and now I can't get to boot again.
Any help please.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MD will not boot - rpc failed: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:39:56 am »
I also had the problem once before and had to turn off overclocking and hyperthreading.  That seemed to do the trick.  But I'm puzzled with this.  I've seen where companies are selling this product or the concept as a setup and install, with so many gotchas I wonder what their support package is like.