Author Topic: Adding new Device Templates  (Read 3413 times)

rwilson131

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Adding new Device Templates
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:49:27 pm »
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject of adding new device templates.  With the new involvement of pluto, does this mean that the bundled sqlcvs application within the admin site will now be useful for added new device templates. 

I am asking because I have finally finished my device template for LG LCD TVs and I am not sure the best method of getting it added to the list of device templates.  I also have a pnp script, but as many of you are aware it requires the device template id and currently this points only to my systems template number.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LG_42LB5D if any one is interested.

Hari, has been working on sqlcvs according to the forums, but it appeared to require some additional steps to sync with his database, and did not appear to be compatible with pluto's

Thanks for the hard work,
Rob

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new Device Templates
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:00:50 am »
Any updates on this item?

I am putting together a new device and am ok with getting the code included via the subversion repository but how do I get the new device template into a build?

I also may need to do some minor modifications to existing device templates (new parameter on generic sensors). Anyone firstly see any problems with adding an optional parameter to these?

There were some efforts getting a sqlcvs server running but I am not sure where that is at now and whether that is feeding the build machines or not.

Failing the use of sqlcvs, would someone like to detail the process for extracting the relevant rows from my database and inserting into the build/update DB scripts?

Any insights are appreciated - I will put into wiki once a process is worked out/agreed upon.

Regards
Darren

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:17:57 am »
We did a few test commits last week. It didn't go so well this first time around, broke the build.

We will be doing some more commits this week and once the proper procedure is clearly understood we'll put together some documentation.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 02:02:41 am »
Thanks for the update Daniel