Author Topic: dhcpd failed  (Read 2526 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
dhcpd failed
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:23:01 am »
Hello all. I initally setup my hybrid, choosing no to let it handle dhcp duties on my network. I've since decided to try some of the features requiring network boot. I disabled my current dhcp server, and edited the network settings on the core/hybrid. I made it a static IP and turned on dhcp for both pluto and non-pluto  devices. On restart I get dhcpd failed to start.

Any ideas?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
dhcpd failed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 02:49:19 pm »
Run /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_Setup.sh to setup your diskless machines. DHCP will also be set up at that point.

Actually, since you rebooted, Diskless_Setup.sh should have been run already.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
error running Diskless_Setup.sh
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:04:07 pm »
OK I changed to /usr/pluto/bin and ran "sh Diskless_Setup.sh" and it returns the error:

Diskless_Setup.sh: line 63: & : syntax error: operand expected (error token is " & ")

I have 13 years of history with DOS, WIN, Netware, etc., but I'm a complete Linux noob. What (in tiny Linux noob baby steps) do I try next?

Thanks,
-S

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
dhcpd failed
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:33:51 am »
Although the extension is .sh, don't get fooled by it. The scripts are all bash and should be run using the "bash" interpretor instead of "sh".

Anyway, that script is executable. Just run it either with the full path as I get you, you ./Diskless_Setup.sh instead of "sh ./Diskless_Setup.sh"