Author Topic: New instalation - problem on reboot  (Read 3535 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
New instalation - problem on reboot
« on: October 13, 2005, 04:18:59 am »
I have just created the Kick-Start CD and run through the install process.
On reboot I get two messages.
 INIT: Cannot execute "usr/pluto/bin/Report_DCERouter_Status.sh"

this appears 10 times then the second message appears:

id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

A quick google seems to indicate posisble problems with missing files or bad serial driver setup. Any help?

My machine AMD Athlon 64 2800+ using a MSI K8MM-V motherboard - with built in ethernet/sound/video; WesternDigital caviar 120G hard drive.

any help is appreciated.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:55:18 am »
Looks like your install didn't complete. In most cases when users got to that, the reason was they didn't have an Internet connection, the installer gave an error and they chose not to try again which canceled the installation process.

You need an Internet connection and a valid installation registered on Plutohome (for now) to install.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 03:56:54 pm »
Thanks. during installation I did get the message about needing an internet connnection, and wasn't sure how to proceed. The network card was not connected during installation. When prompted for dhcp configuration I entered the ip address and gateway manually.

On reboot the eth0 interface reported the ip address I had entered, and I can ping the new machine from my laptop on the same internal network.

The machine currently has an empty (wiped) hard drive - no os or preexisting setup. Does the install process itself configure a network card and tcp-ip to enable a network/internet connection? if not, how will I be able to create the connection so the installer can find the config when it needs the activation codes?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 01:47:42 am »
Ignore previous posting. I re-booted using the cd, followed the instructions, and the core installed correctly.