Author Topic: Cursor Reset in UI  (Read 3194 times)

FuZoRBlade

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Cursor Reset in UI
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:20 pm »
One problem that I noticed was that the cursor in LinuxMCE resets to the lower left corner as you navigate from screen to screen. Let me explain.

Say I am in the main menu for linuxmce and I tilt my remote towards the right a little bit and click on the floorplan menu. Now that I am in the floorplan menu, I decide that I want to go back to the main menu, so I tilt my remote far right so that I can click on the big X in the top right corner. Now, as soon as I click that X, the screen goes back to the main menu, and the cursor is in the bottom left corner. The problem here is that my remote is still tilted > 45 degrees to the right, and the cursor is at the bottom left..

Hence, I'd have to press the button in the middle of the remote that turns off the gyroscope temporarily, and then rotate my remote to a neutral position, and then let go of the button.

This leads to very clunky controls, and I think that in the next version, when returning to the main menu, the cursor should not be reset to the bottom left..

Does that make sense?

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: Cursor Reset in UI
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 08:37:42 pm »
I, personally would like to see ALERTS not reset the menu..

This happens on my Fiire Stations..

I actually think the cursor reset is handy...  When you FF/REW, or adjust Lights/Vol, you get that cursor reset too.

You can always swing the remote back to the left..it will hit the edge of the screen, and stay there until you move right again...

HTH

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

FuZoRBlade

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cursor Reset in UI
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:07 pm »
well it is useful in the scenarios that you illustrated, I just think its a bit of a hassle when switching between different menus to the main menu

perhaps a setting in the admin interface?