Author Topic: Fiire Chief  (Read 42149 times)

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fiire Chief
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
OK so received $233.00 from Darren, $199 from Justin, $270 from Richard?, Money from Colin coming and i've obviously paid so we're all good.. You'd all be happy to know I made payment yesterday and have received confirmation that the order has been received and polywell are organising the remotes.

RichardP

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2008, 11:29:13 pm »
OK so received $233.00 from Darren, $199 from Justin, $270 from Richard?, Money from Colin coming and i've obviously paid so we're all good.. You'd all be happy to know I made payment yesterday and have received confirmation that the order has been received and polywell are organising the remotes.

Great. I can hardly wait.

Well, we're going to have to wait, it seems:  http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3834.0

Best Regards,
Richard

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2008, 08:29:46 am »
With any luck, Colin will see the packages Tuesday... That's if everything goes perfectly.

jo006

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2008, 12:39:10 pm »
Colin,

Did you get the Express post bags?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
Sorry mate, yes got them, thanks - but been tied up completely cos some of the last bits of my system arrived too, so be installing and messin with B3!

Mortar - do you have a tracking number yet? As I have to make sure I am home on the day they arrive!

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 12:35:57 am »
Quick update, boys: The packages arrived in Sydney early this morning, just a couple of suburbs away from me. The tracking isn't clear on whether they are held in customs or already released and on their way to me. Either way, I should find out today, hopefully! I have the Express Post bags from Justin and I have just finished filling in all the details. If they actually do arrive today, then I will make sure the get in the post this arvo.

BTW, mortar got hit hard with Google conversion fees, if you could pop another $6 in his account, split 5 ways that will cover it. I have already transferred mine.

6 days, not bad!

Cheers!

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 12:40:32 am »
BTW, mortar got hit hard with Google conversion fees, if you could pop another $6 in his account, split 5 ways that will cover it. I have already transferred mine.

lol thanks but I wouldn't bother too much, I'm still saving heaps just because you guys wanted one ;)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:54 am »
only fair ;)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 03:12:57 am »
woo hoo, fedex say "On FedEx vehicle for delivery " about 30mins ago :)

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2008, 01:50:40 pm »
Any news mate?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:25 pm »
Guys - posted out all the remotes to you yesterday! Apologies for the packing - for some reason Fiire decided to take all the guts out of the boxes and only post those, I'm assuming it was to save on postage. The single box that came was very small, so I thought they had made an error at first! Anyway, there was enough bubble wrap to wrap them all up and send with the Express Post bags, so you should be receiving them today or the next few days if you are remote (like mortar!)

Darren - let me know when you want to come and get yours.
Col.

jo006

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 04:28:14 am »
That must have been the fastest Fiire delivery in history.  Mine has just arrived and I will test it out when I get home today.

Colin, thanks for taking on the logistics for the order.

Mortar, thankyou for doing the leg work by getting the quotes and ordering the equipment.

It has been a painless and successful venture and we all have managed to save a considerable amount of money.

PS. Mortar, I will put in the remaining $6 into your account tonight.

Once again thanks guys.  ;D

Justin

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2008, 03:47:59 am »
If anything mate, we should be paying you!! Much appreciated for donating some Express Bags to the cause!! ;)

Mine arrived this morning and i'm just testing it out - it's pretty sweet.  Mine wasn't quite plug and play though, it went through some weird issues until I rebooted the PC, now everything is fine.

Awesome work with the bags Colin, thanks for putting in the extra effort!

In the next day or two I'll send everyone the invoice details for the remotes so you have the paperwork if you need to deal with any warranty issues.

Let me know if you guys want to do another bulk buy again in the future, as I'm sure as soon as I show everyone my setup when I perfect it, they'll want one too :)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 03:57:25 am »
Darren - are you out there? I have your remote....

RichardP

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2008, 12:45:40 am »
Guys - posted out all the remotes to you yesterday! Apologies for the packing - for some reason Fiire decided to take all the guts out of the boxes and only post those, I'm assuming it was to save on postage. The single box that came was very small, so I thought they had made an error at first! Anyway, there was enough bubble wrap to wrap them all up and send with the Express Post bags, so you should be receiving them today or the next few days if you are remote (like mortar!)

Darren - let me know when you want to come and get yours.
Col.

Hi Guy,

Just got back home yesterday after a few days away to find the remote sitting in the postbox. It works really great. I've been using the Gyration that I got locally, but it's template must have been broken in the last few builds, so only the three buttons work and because I knew the Fiire was coming, I didnt' bother fixing up the template. With the Fiire, most of the buttons work. It's great.

What I don't like is the tiny OK button that you have to press to to confirm your selection when when choosing from a list of media. It's not intuitive and too far from centre to be naturally pressed while pointing at a list. Anyone have a similar feeling, or am I just doing it wrong? I haven't RTM.

If I am indeed doing it right, and there is no other button that can be used, I might try tweaking the template, if possible.

Best Regards,
Richard,
Best Regards,
Richard