Author Topic: Nova T 500 card, PCI/PCIe  (Read 3597 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Nova T 500 card, PCI/PCIe
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:52:59 pm »
I have been working on the basis of using this card when I build a new core - totallymaxed recommended it - however, I have just realised that the mobo I was planning on using only has 1 PCI slot, plus a PCIe x1 and x16 slot. And I am going to need the PCI slot for the second NIC!

Does anybody know if there is an equivalent, working card that will go in a PCIe slot instead? Needs to be dual tuner, HD, and DVB of course, not ATSC. I've also looked for PCIe NIC cards, but that seems even harder to find!

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Nova T 500 card, PCI/PCIe
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:13:55 pm »
Perhaps you could use a Terratec 1200 dual DVT-T instead of trying to find a PCIe networkcard that work in Linux.
Look at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_1200_DVB-T
This card cost 999kr in sweden which is about 110 euro. I don´t have one myself (have a nova-t 500) since I´m still evaluating how my core should be equipped.

I have some issues with my nova-t 500. I believe it is related to our dvb broadcasts here in sweden.

I´m in the same situation as you. Had to use a PCI gbit card (i use a ASUS M2VM-DH) since I could not find a PCIe card that worked in Linux.
Bought a ET1310 based card that have linux support according to the chip manufacturer, but it does not work in lmce0704
and not in mythbuntu 0710 which problably mean it won´t work out of the box with lmce0710 either.
After some investigation my conclusion is that many chip manufacturers support linux, but do not provide a driver available to other than oem partners.

/niz23