Author Topic: Schedules Direct remapping?  (Read 2608 times)

leonja

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Schedules Direct remapping?
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:37:14 pm »
Hi all,
I live in Panama.  I got my LMCE box updated to connect to Schedules Direct.  I opened my Schedules Direct account, I have been able to log in and extract data to Mythtv.  My free 7 days will expire in a couple of days now.  Panama was supposedly included for now in the SD lineups with no guarantees after Dec 1.  Moreover, my cable supplier is called "Cableonda" and is not listed among the options.  So it seems I am up the creek, with no solution at all for getting lineups for my location.

Here is my idea.  Is there a way to easily remap the program guide database to the actual channels used in my location?  It doesn't sound like something too hard to do in MySQL with maybe a translation table.  This way, I could continue my subscription to Schedules Direct, download the lineups from a listed cable supplier in, say Miami, run this information through a translation filter and relocate the listed channels (Fox Sports, A&E, Food TV, etc) to the channel number my local supplier has them in.  I guess I would need to find a listed source in the same time zone that I live so that only the channel number needs to be remapped.  I can imagine there should be plenty of interest in being able to do something like this for all the areas that are not covered by Schedules Direct.

I would appreciate any help or guidance on how to solve my predicament.

Thanks,
Jaime
Selectron 42 inch LCD TV
AMD Athlon 2800+ on MSI K7N Motherboard
2x512MB DDR400 RAM
PNY Nvidia FX 5700 AGP video card
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE capture card
Integrated Realtek 5.1 audio

leonja

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Schedules Direct remapping?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:18:02 pm »
Hi,
I am running out of time on the Schedules Direct free trial.  I am not opposed to paying the fee.  However, it would be pointless to pay the subscription if I won't be able to modify the channel lineup to accommodate my cable supplier's unlisted lineups.  Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Jaime
Selectron 42 inch LCD TV
AMD Athlon 2800+ on MSI K7N Motherboard
2x512MB DDR400 RAM
PNY Nvidia FX 5700 AGP video card
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE capture card
Integrated Realtek 5.1 audio

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Schedules Direct remapping?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 03:36:21 am »
Wasn't there some free alternative available?  I thought that was what some of the updates were about...
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous