Author Topic: viewing of in progress recordings  (Read 4036 times)

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
viewing of in progress recordings
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:22 am »
It would be great if LinuxMCE would allow viewing of recorded programs like Mythtv does. My wife like to start watching her shows about 20 minutes after they start and she cant just select videos and locate the show but instead has to goto TV and find it in Myth. She is not very good on anything electronic, does this sound like something that could be implemented?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:30:42 pm by radmofo »

nissse

• View Profile
Re: viewing of in progress recodings
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 10:00:06 am »
Yes please !

Best i think is when you press TV it start the program that is being recorded.
If you only have one turner card and that is recording you get a anoying popup window about 5 times before you can go on to the media libary to select your recordings.

Cant wait to try the next release  :)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: viewing of in progress recodings
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »
We do have a mythtv developer on staff now, and he is currently working to improve the MythTV integration into the LinuxMCE Orbiter.

Since we do have access to the MythTV network socket, something like this could be done as far as immediately jumping into an in-progress recording....at least I think... danielk?

-Thom

radmofo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: viewing of in progress recordings
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:30 pm »
Yes! I know what you mean about that pop up!! I too await the next release, I haven't fully implemented LinuxMCE because of the Mythtv glitches. I hope to soon (0710), what a great project.