Author Topic: Access denied, insuficiant user priliges.  (Read 3066 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
Access denied, insuficiant user priliges.
« on: September 26, 2007, 04:32:30 pm »
 ???
Ok so I am a newbie to LMCE and KDE but not a complete newbie to Ubuntu or Xubuntu desktops.
Every time I try to make changes on my LMCE admin web page I get an error stating that I am not authorized to make the change. For example, I tried to apply a software install and I got this:
 “You are not authorized to modify installation.”

Also when I tried adding music files to my media audio folder the desktop will not allow me to drag the files to the directory that would like.
Is there some kind of login security setting I need to change?
Core: Broken :(

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Access denied, insuficiant user priliges.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:25:52 pm »
Try logging into the web admin with the very first user you created when going throug the setup wizard, that one has more privileges then the following accounts.

For the dragging part, could you be a little more specific?  There are a lot of possible reasons, and "dragging files to the directory not being allowed" doesn't narrow it down when we don't even know what exactly it is that you tried.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:57:50 pm »
When Trying to make changes I am using the original User that was created during the setup wizard. I still cannot make changes. Now I know that during my initial setup I chose a different name for my user first but I hit the back button in the wizard and changed it to something else.  Perhaps for some reason that messed up my User settings? I tried to log in using the original name I started with before I changed it but it came up as an invalid user.

As far as the moving files problem I was having, I managed to work around it by changing the read write permission for the directory.
Core: Broken :(

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:54:24 pm »
When Trying to make changes I am using the original User that was created during the setup wizard. I still cannot make changes. Now I know that during my initial setup I chose a different name for my user first but I hit the back button in the wizard and changed it to something else.  Perhaps for some reason that messed up my User settings? I tried to log in using the original name I started with before I changed it but it came up as an invalid user.

As far as the moving files problem I was having, I managed to work around it by changing the read write permission for the directory.

I think there is a post on this forum (or page in the wiki, can't remember exactly, maybe even both) that explains how to reset that in the database, but you'll have to search for it. 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous