Author Topic: What is th This does not need to be hi def since best hardware config for this??  (Read 5337 times)

mfreund

• View Profile
I am looking to take an old pc and make it a media center with linux mce. What is the best ( andcheapest) setup that allows me to have the ability to record 2 things at once and also output to tv. I figured i would need to get a big hard drive as well as a sound card.....What is reccomended as far as this?) A tuner card or tuner cards etc.....What is the best config to do this with linux mce.....?

Thanks

Matt

mfreund

• View Profile
No taker on this? I figured this is a standard question but cant find an answer

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Check the recommended hardware. Saving money on hardware can lead to great frustration and disappointment. HD video is the most demanding stuff you can do with a PC.

mfreund

• View Profile
I was just asking what configurations people have used that have worked good.....I have looked in the faq....but have also read things about PVR 150 having bad picture etc. One of my most important questions is how to get the signal from the computer to the tv....what is an affordable user friendly item for that? What I am gathering is alot of people buy a couple pvr 150 cards...then a graphics card with tv out to get it to the tv....correct?

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Topic: What is th This does not need to be hi def since best hardware config for this??

im sorry....what???
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

mfreund

• View Profile
forget it.....kind of useless forum.....It seems i ask in english.....nevermind...No wonder there is no posts in here. You ask what? Read the post again. It seems all you guys do is give a hard time to people.

mfreund

• View Profile
i will just get mythdora instead

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
The reason you are not getting any answers is that not many have experimented with "less is more"
I have a core running on a PIV 1.7GHz 768MB RAM 20GB HDD and external Lacie 500GB.
But there's no video capture devices in it, and I am not sure how well that would work...
The core is allready stressed with 4 other media locations.
but that works for non HD, no capture and one of the MDs only being audio (a PII 350MHz 384MB RAM)

I plan on replacing the core later, making the current core an MD only.

I suggest next time you ask on a forum about anything you doublecheck the spelling in your heading, as Teedge77 pointed out it's far from english (as you claim it to be). I suggest you get Mythdora instead and ask the same question with the same spelling over there and see if you get any help...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Topic: What is th This does not need to be hi def since best hardware config for this??

im sorry....what???

You can't be a jerk all your life, take 5 minutes off.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
yeah i took 5 minutes off...and reread it....still didnt get it....so i said....what?...as in.....say that again.....i didnt get it....but zaerc...feel free to be a jerk all your life...youve done well so far. if that sentence made sense to you then maybe you can explain it to me.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
80GB  SATA-150
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: What is th This does not need to be hi def since best hardware config for th
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 06:01:42 pm »
yeah i took 5 minutes off...and reread it....still didnt get it....so i said....what?...as in.....say that again.....i didnt get it....but zaerc...feel free to be a jerk all your life...youve done well so far. if that sentence made sense to you then maybe you can explain it to me.
Sorry but your incoherent sentences don't make any sense to me, maybe you can explain them if you take another 5 minutes off.  Just put down the crack pipe, take a deep breath, concentrate and try again.
-- Anonymous

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
uhhhhh....ok guy....get back to your wiki.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
80GB  SATA-150
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: What is th This does not need to be hi def since best hardware config for th
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 06:34:35 pm »
uhhhhh....ok guy....get back to your wiki.
You seem rather obsessed with the wiki, made any usefull contributions yourself yet?
-- Anonymous

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
nope. havent even signed up to edit.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
80GB  SATA-150
Sound Blaster Audigy SE