Author Topic: windows formatted hdd in core/hybrid?  (Read 2597 times)

trinybwoy

• First post!
    • View Profile
windows formatted hdd in core/hybrid?
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:26:34 pm »
would i have able to utilize a windows formatted hdd in the core/hybrid machine? or would it have to be formatted under linux?

i have 3 250gb hdd's full of music and movies, and it will be diffiult to dump them off to an available hard drive for it to be formatted to be used in linux.

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: windows formatted hdd in core/hybrid?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
I have 3 HD's in one of my "diskless" MD's. They are NTFS formatted and I did get a popup asking if I wanted to access those drives. 1 popup for each drive. Since I do not need them, I said no, but I do belive it will work.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: windows formatted hdd in core/hybrid?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 07:56:52 pm »
You want to install on a clean or otherwise wipeable disk. I install on a system with no other disks so there is no chance of screwing up anything important. Then after the install is finished and running I add the media disks. They will pop up on an orbiter after a while and it will ask whether to use them. Say yes and use the file structure. otherwise any media file of any kind will show up on the list (you may want this but all of the windows beeps will be there). It takes the system a while to scan and add the media. There are tools to control this under the media tab in the admin panel.