Author Topic: small patch for auto.PlutoStorageDevices  (Read 4738 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
small patch for auto.PlutoStorageDevices
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:13:18 am »
Here is a little modification I needed since the fileserver I used doesn't seem to like cifs, but does like smbfs for some reason.  All this does is enable you to specify "smbfs" instead of "cifs" in the web-admin for a certain share.  Just locate the share in the devices tree, there is an input field called "Filesystem" (under "device-data") which didn't do much without the attached patch.

Maybe it's of use to someone else as well.

EDIT: I uploaded a patch file instead, copy paste wasn't working right.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 05:37:34 am by Zaerc »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Hoochster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: small patch for auto.PlutoStorageDevices
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:17:46 pm »
Thanks Zaerc.  Still haven't had time to get back in and look at the tricks WebPaul gave for the source.  Hopefully this week.  Appreciate the patch though.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:44 pm »
You're welcome, I hope you find it useful.

As a small excercise, I complied the DCERouter that way (and the libs it depends on) all that I needed to do was to comment out lines like this in the Makefiles:
Code: [Select]
SNR_CPPFLAGS ?= <-mkr_t_compile_defines-> That info should save you a few minutes of searching at least. ;)
-- Anonymous

schaferj

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:11:25 am »
Zaerc,
much thanks! 

My lmce core finds the servers and the share, but does not find the media files...

How do I apply this patch?

thanks again,
joseph

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:54:16 am »
I think that is a different issue, depending on how you chose to use the shares, you might need to place the content in a certain directory structure.  And then you can speed up the process of getting them added to the database by "syncing the media files": web-admin > Files & Media > Media Files Sync >  [ data ] (or a subdir in the tree) > Resynchonize. 

The problem I had was that I could not actually open (and thus play) the files on the share, I discovered that I could see the contents of the files when I manually mounted them as smbfs instead of cifs, changing that in the web-admin didn't do much, hence this very small fix (that most people probably won't need anyway).

Anyway, how to appy it:
Code: [Select]
cd /etc
cp auto.PlutoStorageDevices auto.PlutoStorageDevices.backup
wget http://www.xs4all.nl/~zaerc/LMCE/auto.PlutoStorageDevices-filesystem_fix-1.patch
patch -Ni auto.PlutoStorageDevices-filesystem_fix-1.patch

Copy/paste that into a terminal where you are root and Bob's your uncle ;), let me know if you have any trouble with those commands.  I have mirrored the patch for convenience, it's the same file as in the link above but that link isn't as wget-able.

The only drawback that I can think of is that now one shouldn't put anything else then cifs or smbfs in the web-admin's "FileSystem" field (when empty the default cifs is used as it always was).  Perhaps it would be better to use cifs whenever smbfs isn't explicitly specified.  Or the script could be expanded to automaticly handle other (network) filesystems as well should the need arrise.  Any thoughts on that are welcome.

EDIT:

It was my pleasure, I hope you guys find it usefull too.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:05:06 am by Zaerc »
-- Anonymous