Author Topic: blackbird driver failing to compile during new installation  (Read 17047 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Let mebegin by saying Im am a total newbie to pluto.
I went to the wizard site choose my options and used the quickstart CD to boot and install a hybrid installation on a fresh hard drive.

All goes well but after entering my install and activation code.. things chug along until it attempts to install the blackbird driver.

It errors out stating the install script already exists and prompts me to attempt the compile again.

I tried again, fails same way.

BTW the PVR card I have is a hauppauge 500 which is why I choose blackbird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
blackbird driver failing to compile during new installation
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 01:50:52 pm »
It shouldn't fail. The only condition that would cause the blackbird drivers to fail is when you install ivtv and cx88 packages, because they have overlapping files.

What I'm confused about is the message you got. Namely: "install script already exists" and "compile again".

We'll do some tests here and see if we can reproduce your experience.

If it's not too much to ask, can you tell me your installation number so we can try and reproduce your problem with the exact installation as yours? No activation code please, just the installation number.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:41:13 pm »
Quote from: "radu.c"
It shouldn't fail. The only condition that would cause the blackbird drivers to fail is when you install ivtv and cx88 packages, because they have overlapping files.

What I'm confused about is the message you got. Namely: "install script already exists" and "compile again".

We'll do some tests here and see if we can reproduce your experience.

If it's not too much to ask, can you tell me your installation number so we can try and reproduce your problem with the exact installation as yours? No activation code please, just the installation number.

The install number I used is 37956.
Thanks for looking into this.
One last note, on subsequent reboots of the core it attempts to install them again, fails consistently the same way... "install script exists".
Hope this helps?

-don

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 09:45:28 pm »
You should have chosen IVTV rather than blackbird...  but bear in mind that the PVR500 driver code in IVTV is not yet considered to be stable.

The term 'blackbird' in the context of plutohome, refers to a TV tuner card which has a CX23416 MPEG encoder - which I don't believe the PVR500 has.