Author Topic: UI2 control - can't set absolute position with gyro mouse  (Read 4340 times)

thynk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
UI2 control - can't set absolute position with gyro mouse
« on: May 06, 2007, 04:43:26 am »
I read in the wiki

When media is playing, you can use the normal keys on the i/r remote to control the media playback and volume. Or press F6 or the 'media' button on the gyro remote, and then move left and right to adjust playback speed, or move up and down to skip through chapters/tracks/channels/songs depending on the type of media. With the left and right movement you have both absolute and relative. Absolute means keep the button held down while you move left and right. This is quite useful with the gyro remote. Press the left button, and if you move your hand all the way to the left you are at the beginning of your media, all the way to the right and you are at the end. Or, tap and release the button, then when you move left and right you are in relative, or jog shuttle mode. Move slowly to the right for slow motion forward, further to the right for 400x forward, back to the left to rewind, and so on.

However, click and holding the left most "media" button makes the cursor jump around and not do much.  Click and release that button brings up the media control.  click and hold the left mouse button moves the shuttle/jog control back and forth, click and release does the same thing. 

I also can't seem to play/pause the video from the gyro mouse, seems that these are both pretty basic functions, so I'm guessing that I'm reading something wrong and all we have is a case of PEBKAC (or in this case.. PEBMAC) :-)

TIA,

Stu

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: UI2 control - can't set absolute position with gyro mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:35:09 pm »
it depends by what type of gyro mouse you have.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

thynk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:59:57 pm »
I have the Gyration GO 2.4 Wireless Cordless Optical Air Mouse, which looks like the one in the video (thus my assumption is that is would act the same as well :-)

Stu

richard.e.morton

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:43 pm »
Any help with this one as I have exactly the same issue with my new system.

Thanks

Richard

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:57:39 am »
Mantis has a bug submitted for this:

0003787: Gyration absolute scroll function not working
http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=3787

I have the issue with the Gyration Remote GYR3101US (Non-Fiire Chief), though I'm not really sure if it "should" work with my remote...

Cheers,
WR

richard.e.morton

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:35 pm »
Yep, not working for me (I have a Gyration Go 2.4 air mouse).

ok, so I have linuxmce up and running, but jeez isn't there a lot of configuration and a lot to learn.!!!
At the moment all I want is TV, pictures, video, music... with multiple orbiters and MDs
no VOIP, automation, security, video cameras etc... well, not yet ;-)
R

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 05:42:36 pm »
ok, so I have linuxmce up and running, but jeez isn't there a lot of configuration and a lot to learn.!!!

Not really, try setting up all the subsystems manually, then you'll get an idea what "a lot" of configuration and learning truely is.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous