Author Topic: Voice control suggestions  (Read 17853 times)

robertsaron

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Voice control suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 08:12:55 pm »
Yes, I like the bluetooth Idea, or the other option is one mic in your media center room.

Hugolp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 05:59:16 pm »
I have to say that I am out of this project. I wont be implementing voice control.

There are several reasons. It is very hard to talk with the main developer and he hardly answer the emails. Last time it took 3 of my mails for getting an answer. Now its been two weeks waiting. I have seen you can buy linuxmce builded systems from the internet. I guess he is busy. Also, the source code havent been updated since the begining. The kubuntu version isnt there. When I try to install linuxmce I get a lot of bugs, and cant build from source, cause the source is old.

Good luck with this project

Hugo

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 11:31:15 pm »
It seems that story from Pluto is repeating again...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Niels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 01:11:22 pm »
Hugo,

Let we start a seperated communication system, i'm very intrested in this kind of system.
I like to help were i can.

greatings
Niels

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 05:02:28 pm »
I have to say that I am out of this project. I wont be implementing voice control.

There are several reasons. It is very hard to talk with the main developer and he hardly answer the emails. Last time it took 3 of my mails for getting an answer. Now its been two weeks waiting. I have seen you can buy linuxmce builded systems from the internet. I guess he is busy. Also, the source code havent been updated since the begining. The kubuntu version isnt there. When I try to install linuxmce I get a lot of bugs, and cant build from source, cause the source is old.

Good luck with this project

Hugo

Let's not get ourselves too excited about this yet.  Yes there are issues with the current development setup of LinuxMCE.  But let's not forget Pluto/MCE are very large projects.  These are not "1 full time, maybe 1 part time" developer projects like a lot of the ones I see on sourceforge.  For such a large project it's still very young.  Probably the most difficult part of a large development project is forming and organizing a development team and philosophy.  Paul has stated that's what he's trying to do.  I think we should all have a little bit more patience. Paul has obviously put a lot of work into the port from Pluto, and I think there are a lot of developers who have showed interest in this project.  It will take some time to organize things.  If you're really serious about adding voice control functionality, I (and I'm sure others) would love for you to be able to take part.  I also have contributions I'm trying to figure out how to add to the project.  Let's just give the team a little more time to get on their feet.

william

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:23 pm »
are you still looking for suggestions?
how is the project coming along?

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »
Have you seen this demo of voice recognition on Linux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9ImaiOISs

Could this project be included in LinuxMCE?
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent