Author Topic: [SOLVED]14.04 MythTV problems,All Tuners busy  (Read 5376 times)

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]14.04 MythTV problems,All Tuners busy
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:55:54 pm »
Hi all,i am huge Fan of LinuxMCE since several years,i worked long time now with 7.10 cause i could grap a Firre Chief Remote in Europe some years ago and just fell in love with with it.

But now since the time of Smartphones and Pad´s,i decided to go with newer LinuxMCE version. I tested a lot in the last days with several version out there,i am impressed what you guys did the last years,many really good improvments i recognized so far. I need to say a BIG Thank You for all the work you done here Developers!!

Ok more to the point:
I ended up trying 14.04 until now,cause here i manged to get most things work i want to work.I am still testing hard and will try to help you further in next time as much as i can.
I have 14.04 installed over the Net,with Kubuntu 14.04.03 preinstalled and updated,after that i updated LinuxMCE aswell.So i am at Version 2.0.0.47.201601312359+296fdcd3 atm.

My WinTV Nexus-S DVB-S Card was recognized from LinuxMCE by pnp,but i had to copy the prober firmware files into /lib/firmware cause MythTV could not get a lock,it was seen but couldnt be open.After that i reboot,went back to MythTV setup and Card could be opened.So i setup the Video Sources and Input Connection and did a Channel Search,everything went fine all channels there,lock on all Transponders,no problems.

But here is the problem now,when i start to watch a channel MythTV Frontend Opens up and tries to Tune in but immidently tells me: All Tuners are currently Busy! it repeats and repeats and after serveral tries it want to reload the Backend,but a reset isnt helping much further in my case.
If i take a look at the Status page from Mythweb i can see 1 Encoder on the core currently not recording.So everything looks like prober installed,i could search for channels aswell in the setup.
I tried several things like deleting all the TV Tuners in MythTv Setup,and put them back in,i recognized sometimes LinuxMCE installs a Encoder again and shows up 2 or more after a reboot.So i deleted all Encoders again and just did a reboot and the encoder was installed again in MythTV.I just need to setup the LNB and it could work. But again in the Frontend i just receive All Tuners are Busy. I also tried several different IP for the Frontend to connect like 127.0.0.1/localhost/internal,external IP but the error still stays.

My Nexus Card worked well in all LinuxMCE releases up to 10.04,im still using it in a other install under 10.04 so the hardware is alive.

Can anyone help me further what causes the All Tuners busy error?

Thank you so far,
Howie
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:21:31 pm by S4Howie »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: 14.04 MythTV problems,All Tuners busy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:27:11 pm »
Thanks for the info about your success so far.

If I remember correctly you will need to go into mythtv-setup and set the live tv tuner priorities to fix this issue.  This is new in newer mythtv and not something that is being done automatically by lmce setup.

Good luck!

J.

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 14.04 MythTV problems,All Tuners busy(solved)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:28 pm »
phenigma thank you very much that made it work,changed the Input priority fom 0 to 1 made it work.
Thank you for the super fast responding and the absolute right awnser.

Just a hind now with a working Mythtv Backend <0.25 you are able to use Amazon Fire TV Stick with Kodi installed to connect as Myth Frontend and use ur hole PVR.
Also Kodi is running on windows and linux and android devices,what makes some simple TV Clients for ones Master Backend running under LinuxMCE.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:19:36 pm by S4Howie »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]14.04 MythTV problems,All Tuners busy
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:48:53 am »
You're welcome!  Happy LMCEing!

J.