Author Topic: Wizard -> Email setup - cannot make it work  (Read 7295 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Wizard -> Email setup - cannot make it work
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 08:52:14 am »
bernd,

sorry if I can across obnoxiously. It is one of my not so nice traits.

If you are on the latest packages, make a backup of your postfix directory, fill out the blanks on the mail configuration page, and see, if stuff ends up in the postfix directory. If it does, diff it to the stuff you created manually, so we can see the difference. If no files end up in the postfix configuration directory, I'd like to get the output of
Code: [Select]
dpkg -l pluto-website-admin
Thanks.

rebelkiller

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:35 pm »
Don' mind.  ;)

My postfix is running fine. I did not manage to let it fail again in resetting postfix directory. Now when I fill out the blanks on web admin "main.cf" etc. are created successfully.

BUT:
If postfix service is not running web admin fails to send test email. Config files have been created. A simple postfix start (or restart) command after "Update" is pressed should help.

I think this was the main problem for me. My postfix was not running because of misconfiguration (I cannot recover exactly what was wrong) and so web admin failed to send test email.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 12:03:23 am »
Thanks for the feedback.

Does it work if you have non running/working postfix and just click Update without using Test mail?