Author Topic: X10 Support in Pluto  (Read 6432 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
X10 Support in Pluto
« on: December 17, 2004, 04:49:10 pm »
Like many other people in home automation I am stuck with a number of X10 devices.  I am currently using one of the simple CM-11A serial computer interfaces.  Is there any way to control this with Pluto?  

To allow a variety of devices access to X10 control I have misterhouse converting XAP requests into X10.  So either control of the CM-11A or (preferably) some type of XAP interface would be great.  I see the other post about doing some work on interfacing directly with misterhouse which would also solve my problem.  

The other option I suppose is to be ambitious (I try to avoid that) and write something myself, which I'd be willing to tackle if there are no other good options.

Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
X10 Support in Pluto
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 06:50:41 am »
One of our programmers is working on the lighting control systems now as we speak.  I know he has  a CM11A X10 (RS232 interface) working here in the office and an EIB system.  The CM11A device will be included in the 2.0.0.4 build, scheduled for 23 Dec.  He's then got the Lutron and Vantage systems scheduled for after the holidays.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
X10 Support in Pluto
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 08:55:23 am »
The 2.0.0.5 build included the CM11A module, which controls X10 devices over RS232.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
X10 Support in Pluto
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:40:38 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
The 2.0.0.5 build included the CM11A module, which controls X10 devices over RS232.

Hi,

I'm building my own low cost home automation system based on canbus (bus also used in cars). Probably the easiest way to integrate it into Pluto would be to simulate some of the well known X-10 rs232 interfaces. Can you point me to rs232 protocol description you used for CM11A module, so I can make my HW simulate  it and so integrate it into Pluto ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
X10 Support in Pluto
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:27:24 am »
Hi Rob,

Here,
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/lightsey/52/common/protocol.html
you can find the descirption of the X-10 transmission, that we used in communication with CM11A module.

Please refer only to Standard Transmission of the X-10.
For now, we have implemented only the On/Off/Dim functions.

Regards,
Igor