Author Topic: NEW Remote Screens for UI1  (Read 4268 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
NEW Remote Screens for UI1
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:22:05 am »
Hey all!

I wanted to let everyone know that I created two new MediaTypes (np_PVR & np_Playstation) and my wife built new UI1 remote screens for them.  We have also updated the UI1 np_BluRay remote to include more of the standard buttons you would expect of a blu-ray remote.  And we have a WD HT TV Live that we built a remote screen for as well.  There may be updates/fixes and I'll keep this thread updated.

http://imgur.com/bFoYrD5,wBmBzld#0 <- Blu-Ray

http://imgur.com/Toz0bjG,eICxAKZ#0 <- Playstation (2/3/4)

http://imgur.com/5nkV0yy,gLkjHxr#0 <- PVR

http://imgur.com/97kDTSS#0 <- HDTV

http://imgur.com/3gvwD9W#0 <- XBox (thanks go to tschak909 for creating this screen)

If you have an existing device template that you would like to have utilize the new PVR screens, or you have a blu-ray player and want the new remote screens in 1204:

Code: [Select]
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
then do a 'Full Regen' of all your orbiters.

If you are on 1004 you should be able to access the new screens by:
Code: [Select]
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
then do an sqlCVS Update of the 'dce' and 'designer' repo.  (WARNING: this may break other things, I have not tested this on 1004.  You've been warned.)  Then do a 'Full Regen' of all your orbiters.

I'll try to help any way I can.

J.

bwhitson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Remote Screens for UI1
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »
phenigma - I've been away for a bit..... did the XBOX 360 become a MD while I was gone?
Duct Tape is like the force - It has a dark side and holds the universe together.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:56 pm »
no

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:56:44 am »
Heh.  As posde says, no.  The screens are for controlling an XBOX 360 through InfraRed from a MD.

J.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:15:19 am »
Woohoo - thanks for PVR and BluRay updates :)

-Coley.

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 12:44:40 pm »
great work, they look cool!
thanks phenigma
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:01:18 pm »
Let me know if you have any issues with the screens, everything is mostly good here but I have yet to add the Bind to Remote commands which may cause some undesired input switching until I can get those added.

J.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »
Which designobjs are those? I'll look them over and do some basic addition of commands, etc.

-Thom

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 06:55:41 pm »
I'll get a list together tonight and meet you on irc.

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:13:22 am »
I'll have some new screenshots soon as we continue to tweak screens and unify button locations as much as posible.

The original lmce remote screens were designed before a time when stored media could contain multiple angles/audio/subtitles.  We are trying to bring these remotes up to par for capabilities of modern stored media, and disc based media while maintaining a common look/feel and location for commands across the system.

The current changes are a culmination of research and design that has occurred over the past year and a half as various users have been exposed to the system, and UI, and compared to other modern media systems capabilities.  Every device presents unique charachteristics and propietary capabilties.  We are always looking for feedback leading to improvments on how we might be able to best represent the majority of devices out there.

If you have an existing device that you would like to have utilize one of the newer mediatype remotes let me know and I'll see what we can do to convert the DT over.

Thanks everyone!

J.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »
Ok, i dont mean to make this about me but...

dont suppose i could convince people to post as many of the existing screens as the can. turns out, really helps to see them in context of the old ones (even if they were not ideal) than trying to create new ones from scratch.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.