Author Topic: Alarm How TO  (Read 2689 times)

nelsito

• View Profile
Alarm How TO
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:41:01 pm »
Hi People,

I've been trying to find out what are the supported alarm panels but couldn´t find it. Could someone point me where to find it?

Another question is what should be the best configuration for the alarm attending to the wiring I have:
- KNX based wiring for lights, shutters, heating sensors, presence sensors;
- separate wiring system for alarm, though it can be integrated if I want because all wiring goes to same place in basement;
- for KNX integration I´ll be using IP gateway from BERKER

What I'd like to know this:
- the best way to integrate alarm with linuxmce
- if it is possible to use KNX sensors to complement the intrusion alarm, and heating scenarios,

thanks
nelson

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm How TO
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »
LinuxMCE has a few drivers for security panels, you can see them when you select the Security Interfaces category in the Web Admin, Advanced > Configuration > Device Templates.

Mostly,

You can either use security panels such as a Honeywell Vista connected to an ICM module,
an Apex 6100,
a Power5020

IF you're wanting to use traditional panels. Other drivers can be written quickly in the GSD (Ruby), as well.

You can also use sensors paired to Z-Wave, Insteon, X-10, KNX or other networks, and let LinuxMCE deal with the security logic (1-wire sensors can work too, as do EnOcean sensors attached to an appropriate interface)

No matter what is selected, the point of LinuxMCE, is to be able to present security events to the system that ANYTHING else in the system can react to, regardless of what bus topology the different pieces sit on.

-Thom

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm How TO
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:49:31 am »
I would like to get my home alarm system integrated into linuxmce.  The system I have now was here when I moved in and the existing panel does not appear to be capable of much.  Can I simply replace my existing panel with a new one that works well with linuxmce?  I've have no experience with alarm systems...

If I look at the Security Interface device templates I see GE Interlogix, Generic Security Panel, and Z Wave embedded security interface.  Does that mean Interlogix or ZWave is the way to go? 

I would like for linuxmce to be able to see the status of the existing door/window sensors in the house, and I would like the ability to arm/disarm the system from an orbiter.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  I can't seem to find much information on this topic searching the wiki or forums.