Author Topic: Configuring screen resolution  (Read 3775 times)

mking

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Configuring screen resolution
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:36:29 pm »
System specifications:

Panasoinc 42 inch (720P or 1080i) capability
   Abit Kv7 motherboard with Geforce 6600GT video card

My computer is connected to the TV with a DVI cable...pretty basic. Therefore, I should be able to set the screen resolution to 16:9 720P. Here's the problem...when I set the screen resolution to 720P through the wizard or through the Media driector...I cannot get everything to fit on my screen. When I use the arrow keys to align ..I can get the top/bottom correct, but then the left/right are way off screen. If I get the left/right correct, then the top is well below the top and the bottom is weel above the bottom.

Does this mean that the video driver I installed for my Geforce 6600 GT is not working right? I installed the
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9755-pkg1.run driver off of the NVidia web site. I used the envy install/script to install the driver. Being that I'm a Linux Newbe...I'm not totally sure that it installed without any problems?? All I know is that it appeared to install correct and I get an NVIDIA option on Ubunto. Although it does not let me do much...like let me set the screen resolution in Unbuntu. I would expect that I could set the screen resolution to something other than 640x480 in Unbuntu. 

Any suggestions on how to verify the correct installation of the video driver?

Also, when I run through the LMCE setup wizard..why does it not detect that my computer is connected to my TV via the DVI connection?

Advil

• View Profile
Re: Configuring screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 02:45:13 pm »
I have similar problems - will be curious to see the answer,

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:44:27 am »
your hdmi input on the TV's config menu should have a selection betwin two types of connections, TV and PC. (it might be named a bit differently on verious TV's but I hope you get the idea ...)
Switch to PC mode and you're home free.

Itsik
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 07:46:13 am by Itsik »

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:20 am »
Explore your TV's config.  Mine had two 16x9 aspects, non-intuitively named 16x9standard1 and 16x9standard2.  One had all 4 edges of the desktop off of the screen, the other displays the full desktop.

HTH,
Roy