General > Users

What PVR

<< < (2/3) > >>

mkbrown69:
I use MythTV 0.25 on my Debian host, and 5 MiniMyth diskless systems booted on my "external" network.  I'm using Schedules direct for the listing data, and have a mixture of Analog cable and Rogers Digital STB (PVR-150's on slave backend, PVR-1600 on host) as well as Digital OTA (HDHR-3-US on it's own network segment and NIC).

That's production for now, as I work on migrating to LMCE at some point in the (hopefully) near future.

--- Quote from: phenigma on February 23, 2014, 05:10:31 pm ---I want to use mythtv but don't consider it usable within lmce.  I long for schedulesdirect and myth scheduling... it's SO much better than my satellite providers interface and capabilities!

--- End quote ---

Phenigma,  I'm curious as to why you don't consider MythTV usable within LMCE.  Cutting over to it was going to be one of the activities I was going to work on in the next couple of months, so I'm interested in knowing what I'm in store for...  ;)

Thanks!

/Mike

phenigma:

--- Quote from: mkbrown69 on February 24, 2014, 06:27:46 pm ---I use MythTV 0.25 on my Debian host, and 5 MiniMyth diskless systems booted on my "external" network.  I'm using Schedules direct for the listing data, and have a mixture of Analog cable and Rogers Digital STB (PVR-150's on slave backend, PVR-1600 on host) as well as Digital OTA (HDHR-3-US on it's own network segment and NIC).

--- End quote ---

I used to have my satellite fed directly into MythTV.  Great quality.  I don't do analog capture cards, terrible quality.  I have had no real experience with HD capture, and most of what I have read is a headache in LMCE.  I've not tried.  I would be interested in your experience with HD capture and the Digital OTA (I have an HDHR but do not currently use it).  I do not wish to hi-jack the poll thread, so we can certainly start a new thread.

--- Quote from: mkbrown69 on February 24, 2014, 06:27:46 pm ---Phenigma,  I'm curious as to why you don't consider MythTV usable within LMCE.  Cutting over to it was going to be one of the activities I was going to work on in the next couple of months, so I'm interested in knowing what I'm in store for...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Many reasons.  No scheduling interface.  Poor sorting/choosing for recorded TV.  I got way too used to the MythTV interface (back in 0.19-0.22), and REALLY liked it.  I would prefer to use MythTV as if it was an external box and not the, what I consider to be poorly, integrated device it is now.  I don't complain, and won't, as I have put no effort into it.  When I do, I will.  Let's take this to a new thread if you want to continue.

J.

joerod:
I use mythTV on 1004 using a local cable computer "LibertyCable" connected via rca cables to a HDPVR.  Everything works great, I use the IR Blaster on the HDPVR to change the channels and schedules direct for the guide.  I have very few complaints about myth (most concerning the UI).  I had to configure everything manually, but once it was working Ive had no problems (been about 3 months).

tschak909:
We really need engineering help to try and get the MythTV integration back up to spec.

-Thom

thor:
I hadn't seen this thread before today. I use mythtv a lot with schedules direct and OTA broadcast. No cable. No satellite. The family loves the speed of fast-forwarding and the pause functionality: pausing, then going frame by frame backward and forward. Great for sports.

I had been playing with 1204 and mythtv, trying to get it to perform well enough. Once I was able to upgrade from mythtv 0.25 to 0.27 (thanks to the examples in http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=13581.msg98968#msg98968) and got it to work, I put 1204 back in as main house server controlling everything. I'm still working on each MD to work well enough with mythtv. So, right now, we record a tv show, edit it within mythtv on a desktop, then play it back on a MD using qorbiter as a remote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version